Mopar Oil filter relocator/adaptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone installed the Mopar oil filter adapter that changes the angle of the oil filter and has a ramp to funnel the oil away from the truck? I was just wondering if it was worth the $60-$80 they are asking for it. I attempted to do a search but came up with 0 hits.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
How about a relocate kit that moves the filter entirely?

OP
OP
I

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm debating that idea. I actually haven't changed the oil in it yet. I just got it about 3 weeks ago. It's my first Dodge/Ram truck so I've just been researching everything as I'm an avid do-it-yourself kinda person.

OP
OP
I

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The one that I was talking about is the one that Recon12 posted about. I looked through all of his previous posts and he never started the new thread.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I personally would like to see one of these Mopar oil filter relocate/adapters installed.

As well as observe or ask if this unit Actually makes removing--->More accessible & Less of a mess.

Last edited:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed the Mopar oil filter adapter that changes the angle of the oil filter and has a ramp to funnel the oil away from the truck? I was just wondering if it was worth the $60-$80 they are asking for it. I attempted to do a search but came up with 0 hits.

Wait....what? They sell a kit? Where? Sounds like it should come that way from the factory! I'm so sick and tired of dumping damn oil everywhere when I change the oil filter.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
These have been discussed here:

Remote oil filter how-to

I did this to my truck, it's not cheap if you use good hoses but it works great, holds more oil and is super easy to change filters.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I personally would like to see one of these Mopar oil filter relocate/adapters installed.

If you are talking about the Mopar adapter that I have seen, I have read that it doesn't fit on a truck. You didn't provide any #'s so who knows exactly what you are referring to.

800steve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So has anyone installed this angled adaptor, or does it not fit our trucks?