Muffler to MPG Impact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

Sorry for novice question, but looking to improve my exhaust (at least from a sound perspective) and reviewing some of the Mufflex options, mostly likely the 14.

Just curious though, if I do install this, would I see a change at all in MPG?

MR MAYHEM

Reaction score
Well... in my 20+ years of driving trucks I can tell you this. Every truck I put an exhaust on got worse fuel mileage than it did stock. Had nothing to do with the muffler and EVERYTHING to do with my right foot that seemed to be connected to my ear drums/brain. Lol. Once you finally "hear" your truck while your driving... it's an addiction. Everything I've ever owned I put a "system" on if it didn't already have one. Trucks, cars, bikes,sleds,quads etc etc. To each their own... but I love noise. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put a performance cat back and CAI on my sport and burned through a tank in a flash, yep as mentioned, can't keep my foot off the throttle, just sounds too good!

OP
OP
J

JWA_Two

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol you guys are silly! I know I'll drop the foot a bit more but just curious if driving with the exact same foot habits if it would make a difference. :p

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
When I put my cat back on, it was to replace a totally rusted out muffler and pipes, so I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I would guess a muffler by itself is not going to improve mpg in any noticeable way. I think to get anything better you have to upgrade the entire system, exhaust, intake, tuning, and by then your foot will never be off the floor