new exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamExpress94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys i just installed jba long tube headers with 3inch pipes all the way back with a flow master super 10 exhaust, sounds good but is way louder than i thought it would be. it also barks after i reach 2300 rpm, does anyone know how to quiet it down a little?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe reinstall the resonators?

I'm certinly not an exhaust expert , but I think I've heard others say they performed the resonator delete to obtain a louder exhaust .

May try to just bolt back up the stock pipes from the muffler back , unless you know have true duals ...

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're surprised super 10 flowmasters are loud?? Dude....

Resonators might help, but IMHO if you don't want super loud, the 10's were a bad call altogether. Throw some supper 44's or (if you want to really tone it down) magnaflows on it. You'll get an aggressive tone on acceleration but more mellow at cruise. Super 10's are just about only good for saying "look, I have a muffler" in case of needed technicalities. Those mofos are loud!

OP
OP
RamExpress94

RamExpress94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i already had the super 10 exhaust in my stock manifold broke so i got headers had no clue it was going to be like this haha. i might buy a new exhaust any ideas on a good flowing quiet one?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OEM mufflers are pretty quiet .
Lots of folks have upgraded to diff aftermarket mufflers and would probably let there's go on the cheep ?
Wouldn't hurt to post it up in the wanted section in the classifieds here .

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the 40series or maybe super 44 going to still be loud under acceleration but also not "bark" at higher rpm?

I had the same issue with a Borla ATAK. So loud up top and raspy. Went with ****** max flow and it's really quiet. Looking for a mix of both. Quiet down low and a loud but low under acceleration and through the rpm band as well.

Bigger exhaust pipe? Bigger tips? To change sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is the 40series or maybe super 44 going to still be loud under acceleration but also not "bark" at higher rpm?

I had the same issue with a Borla ATAK. So loud up top and raspy. Went with ****** max flow and it's really quiet. Looking for a mix of both. Quiet down low and a loud but low under acceleration and through the rpm band as well.

Bigger exhaust pipe? Bigger tips? To change sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black Widow 250 or 300.

I personally have a 300. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Are you full dual 3in pipe? Or a single 3 like stock? Dual 3 is going to give you alot of poping it's too large. You need 2.25 or 2.5 on a mostly stock truck like just bolt ons. If your true dual you really need a cross over if you don't have one such as a Huge or x pipe. It really depends on how loud you want it as what yo do to quite it down. I suggest moving to a turbo style muffler such as MBRP or magnaflow the chambered style mufflers also give some pop or bark. Go with a 14-18in muffler with resonators or a 20+ without that should tone it down pretty good but still give good rumble.

Edit: after re reading your second post I'm guessing your stock exhaust besides muffler and headers. Do you still have stock resonators on it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RamExpress94

RamExpress94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have jba long tubes into the jba y-pipe from there is 1 into 2 pipes that are both 3 inch

But thanks alot ill look into a different muffle to start with