NEW JBA 1 3/4" Longtube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I havent been on much lately, but JBA has released their new 1 3/4" Longtube headers that we now have in stock and ready to ship. These are a great alternative to the more expensive ARH, Kooks, and Stainless Works longtubes that used to be our only options in 1 3/4" primaries. The 1 3/4" primary size will make more tq and mid range power than the larger 1 7/8" that JBA used to offer, so these are a great option for the everyday drivers. We have about 30 customers running these already, and the fitment has been perfect. Check them out at the link below...

JBA 1 3/4" Longtube Headers

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Nice, thanks for the heads up.
looks like a good price and nice to see the option of having them coated.

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the gaskets and bolts like with these headers? I have read that JBA doesn't supply very good hardware and you would have to buy stock or aftermarket hardware. Also does JBA offer a y pipe with cats on it?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What are the gaskets and bolts like with these headers? I have read that JBA doesn't supply very good hardware and you would have to buy stock or aftermarket hardware. Also does JBA offer a y pipe with cats on it?
I'm not a fan of the JBA gaskets, but their bolts woks perfectly fine. They use the U bolt style clamps, so those can be upgraded to a band clamp if you wanted to.

JBA does not offer a Y-pipe with cats though...only catless.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife is beginning to not be a fan of moes packages at our door. These may be on the list

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My raptor project got my girlfriend used to stuff showing up so I have a green light for Ram parts lol.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most wives would rather their husbands call another woman instead of Moe's :roflsquared:

Showed my wife this -
She said " What's moes"
So I showed her the Arh long tubes for my 6.4 2500-
She says " look it's on sale" bah ...to bad I can't buy them lolol

Last edited:

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 1 7/8 that I ordered from MOES, wish these would've come out a few months ago but I stay in the upper rpm so it doesn't matter. I liked the hardware and haven't had a problem. I did use OEM gaskets from the dealer tho.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doesn't everyone have to dent one of the primaries to prevent steering shaft binding on throttled right turns? Or did they fix that? Really on the fence between ARH and JBA. Especially considering that after ceramic coating, ARH is twice as much. Plus I'm starting to save up for the whipple, so I'm not be sure if it would be better to wait and go custom or SW true dual now in anticipation of the SC.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
+ 1 on denting one of the primaries. Although I am really close to ordering a set of these, I loathe the idea of bashing a brand new set of headers just so they will fit correctly.
Is this still an issue?

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a very tight fit with the 1 7/8, were talking MM but I did not dent my header. I haven't had any problems with the steering and they have been on for 3 weeks now.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i had to dent mine. i didnt notice it hitting till i would be on the gas hard or in a accelerating turn.

tuned by Jay Greene

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+ 1 on denting one of the primaries. Although I am really close to ordering a set of these, I loathe the idea of bashing a brand new set of headers just so they will fit correctly.
Is this still an issue?

Save your money and get ARH, JBA's are the fords of headers.

i had to dent mine.

Same, and the Y pipe fit like absolute **** and needed lots of ******* around to get lined up. and the ceramic coating is absolute trash.

the old " you get what you pay for " is verry true when it comes to headers.

Last edited:

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have to dent the arh, stainless works or kooks headers ?

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My y-pipe fit very well for the 1 7/8 where it mated to both headers. I did however use aluminum collector gaskets instead of the cheap gaskets that come with it.

There's not to many things aftermarket that are flawless unless you pay double the price. Personally I'd rather put in a little work and use the money I would've payed for the perfect piece and buy more parts.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My y-pipe fit very well for the 1 7/8 where it mated to both headers. I did however use aluminum collector gaskets instead of the cheap gaskets that come with it.

There's not to many things aftermarket that are flawless unless you pay double the price. Personally I'd rather put in a little work and use the money I would've payed for the perfect piece and buy more parts.

Same here, hard to stomach $1260+ in headers and then more on y-pipe or coating. Just doesn't justify the cost. I might do the 1 3/4 JBA someday if the fitment is better and ill check the welds myself, but for now I will stay stock manifolds because the price on headers are outrageous.

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear you man. Instead of going arh cats, I ended up going jba cat less and got the moes 87mm t/b and still had money left lol. Only went cat less because I already had Diablo intune and am about to contact hemifever.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Putting on headers without a tune would be like going to the strippers and sitting at the bar talking to the bartender while drinking water.

:)