Short headers 1-5/8 in vs 1-3/4 in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at replacing my headers if I can’t get them milled to take out warping or new gaskets don’t work. I’d like to know thoughts on 1-3/4 and 1-5/8 in. Also what material steel polished steel titanium etc. Wrapped or in wrapped.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Looking at replacing my headers if I can’t get them milled to take out warping or new gaskets don’t work. I’d like to know thoughts on 1-3/4 and 1-5/8 in. Also what material steel polished steel titanium etc. Wrapped or in wrapped.
Post up some links to the shorties you're looking at.

OP
OP
D

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My jba 1-5/8 in are the ones that warped so I’m looking at BBK for the replacement but I’ve noticed that they only offer 1-3/4 for BBK. Any suggestions are helpful

Attachments

• IMG_3149.png
    IMG_3149.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3146.png
    IMG_3146.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3145.png
    IMG_3145.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3144.png
    IMG_3144.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 3

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My jba 1-5/8 in are the ones that warped so I’m looking at BBK for the replacement but I’ve noticed that they only offer 1-3/4 for BBK. Any suggestions are helpful
BBK's are worse then JBA's,BBK's are prone to cracking. AFE's are pretty well at the top of the food chain in regards to shorties.Nick at Got Exhaust can probably set you up with shorties.Post a pic of these warped JBA's,as i'm not really believing the flange actaully warped bad enough a set of Remflex 6022 gaskets won't seal them up.

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Which brand is best is beyond me, I usually read reviews.
Which size... smaller results in a higher velocity of air moving through them, better for street applications and lower RPMs. The larger you go in the pipe diameter, the higher the RPMs need to be to move the air needed to get a good combustion and cleansing of the exhaust gases.
The question is this... based on the two sizes you have asked about and the fact that you didn't mention the use factor, my first thought is that either will work on the street for everyday use.

You might ask a couple of the Manufacturers, they will have thoughts on the size of headers needed for stock application, then you can decide on the best header for your application and any added engine mods.

I hope these are words of wisdom but make sure to check and double check size of headers vs other mods.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the advice

Read this article completely

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wondering wha the result of your project is ?

What brand of headers did you buy ?
Type of metal used in the headers ?
Who installed them, DIY or shop ?
How did the install go ?

Sorry for all of the questions but I was thinking HEADERS but not overly familar with Headers and RAM ?

Later

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Diameter isn't going to make a big difference on shorty headers (especially with a stock exhaust), length is what will make the difference. But, if there are no clearance issues, go with the larger size.