Procharger 1500 kit on 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

So I pulled the trigger and purchased a D1SC Procharger kit for my 2012 Ram 2500. Only problem being, there IS NO kit for the Ram 2500...this kit is listed for a 1500 truck. I called Procharger and they said they are at least 5-6 months out to getting one of these tested in a 2500 truck, and I really want it in for this summer.

Anyway, I'm trying to collect as much information as possible in advance to figure out what may, or may not have to be modified to make this work.... from what I understand, the area around the radiator is different, so I may have to modify the tubing that connects my intercooler....but other than that, I'm not sure what to expect.

If anyone has done this on a gen4 2500, or has done this kit on their 1500 that can share some detailed photos/information with me, that would help me out a lot.

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
If yours is a 5.7 i would look into whipple they just came out with one for the hemi , that is the route i am going to go .

OP
OP
chargerrob1977
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If yours is a 5.7 i would look into whipple they just came out with one for the hemi , that is the route i am going to go .

Thanks, I'm already committed to the Procharger. Bought and paid for. Plus my 5.7 is a 2012....I looked up and it says 2013+

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The bracket will bolt to the block with no modification but as you said, the radiator support area is different and you'll need to modify the intercooler mouning brackets and piping to fit; how much I can't say but it will be different. Aside from that, the rest of the kit will bolt into place the same as the 1500. I had to modify my original kit before I upgraded to the F-1A on my 5.7L and you can easily run your own piping with aluminum charge piping and silicon elbows from eBay if you are on a budget.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I can't imagine it'll be too different. Some new intercooler piping should be about it and possibly tuning since the 2500 tuning is different from 1500 of I'm not mistaking

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FWIW, l did the first oil change on the head unit of the ProCharger in the Mustang yesterday. I used a big syringe to get the oil out. It would have been a major pita to drain it out of the bottom. Worked slick as a whistle. Quick, easy, no mess. Used the syringe to put the oil back in.

The whole procedure probably took all of 5 minutes. Yeah, l probably didnt get 100 percent of the old oil out. I figure that l will change the oil again a little sooner, the next time. The end result should be the same.

It would be interesting to know how many guys on this forum have ProChargers, either in their truck, or other vehicles.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
chargerrob1977
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will still be awhile before you see any pics from mine. Precharger isn't even shipping my kit till Tuesday, then it will be shipped to my US shipping address, and I will pick it up in a few weeks, along with a bunch of other stuff I have there waiting, including my new transmission pan, Fox 2.5 reservoir shocks, and a bunch of parts for my 68 charger.

But I do promise to document my install better for the community. ..I always say I'm going to, everytime I do something, but once I get into it, I get into this zone and just go hard till it's done.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Sounds like all the same stuff I went through with mine; are you buying a tuner kit or a full kit?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Make sure you also get a fuel pressure and AFR gauge. You're going to need a custom tune since the one supplied with the procharger won't work in the 2500.

customcarz973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo is the only way to go! I love procharger, had one on my fox body. but ill never do another supercharger again after owning my TurboRam. NO lag, and I put down more power on less boost than you do with a Procharger!

Hey guys,

So I pulled the trigger and purchased a D1SC Procharger kit for my 2012 Ram 2500. Only problem being, there IS NO kit for the Ram 2500...this kit is listed for a 1500 truck. I called Procharger and they said they are at least 5-6 months out to getting one of these tested in a 2500 truck, and I really want it in for this summer.

Anyway, I'm trying to collect as much information as possible in advance to figure out what may, or may not have to be modified to make this work.... from what I understand, the area around the radiator is different, so I may have to modify the tubing that connects my intercooler....but other than that, I'm not sure what to expect.

If anyone has done this on a gen4 2500, or has done this kit on their 1500 that can share some detailed photos/information with me, that would help me out a lot.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It appears to be some sort of remote mount setup. Please provide pictures of this as details are scarce, and what's available is a bit sketchy.