Air Suspension Conversion Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoHawks34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for thought about a Air Suspension Conversion Kit. I have a 2014 Ram 1500. I have had a lot of issues with my Air Suspension, so far I have changed out both front and read air bags, all of the sensors, and the air compressor. And that did not fix the issue. I took it to the dealer, and they couldnt fix it either. Now I am considering converting to a conversion kit.

What are the pros and cons from everyones experience using the conversion kit? Please let me know what your thought are.

Thank you

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Airdelete was who I went with.
Pros: everything needed came in one shipment
Included alpha obd to delete messages if desired.
Easy to follow instructions and great feedback from the owner I think his name was Brendan??
No more waking up and finding the truck sitting on its bump stops.

Cons: kinda miss the softer ride and fine tuning of the levelling when towing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GoHawks34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CDN CJ,

How does your truck ride and handle with towing? I will be towing a 33ft camper quit a bit this year. The main reason I like my air ride is the self leveling feature of it when the truck has a load on it. I am affraid that if I go with this other route I will lose that feature, but will gain a suspension that wont have any issues. I was also reading a lot of feedback on air delete, and that seems like that is the way to go intead of strutmaster.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only have a 23 foot hybrid that probably comes in at 55-6000 lbs loaded.
I ordered the 35% heavier rear coils and the Rough Country levelling fronts. (As others have said the RC’s live up to their name.)
The trailer pulls and tracks fine. I do have Airlift HD bags in the coils but can probably do without them.
It’s the fine tuning of the original system that would make it “look “ level.
I originally had an 09 with regular suspension so I set up the 14 with air ride to the same position on my WDH. Same setup with coils on the 14 and I have a bit of sag if I don’t stiffen up the bags first.
Personally I prefer having some extra weight on the hitch when towing with the WDH after trying to accelerate from a stop on a steep wet hill.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you don’t have any choice but to swap it if no one can figure out your air suspension. You can source the parts yourself for a good deal cheaper then air delete, you just need front struts, rear coils and coil isolators, and rear shocks would be a good idea but not needed. If you use a lift strut over 2” you will need angle correcting upper control arms like JBA as well. And Alfaobd if the warning on startup bothers you.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat