Programmer for 2016 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaronmaff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 4WD, Quad Cab, Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if this has been discussed already, if so feel free to post a link to another thread.

Looking for a good programmer for my 2016 1500 Hemi. I'm not as interested in performance as I am fuel economy. I'd like one with the pre-programmed settings for fuel efficiency, performance, etc. I'd like it to also have the option for the speedometer calibration for bigger tires in the future, but it's not necessary (I won't have bigger tires for awhile).

Any suggestions or is it even worth the cost? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Contact Matt at Moe's Performance(a vendor on this site) about a Diablo tuner with a Hemifever custom tune.
Jay

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
If you are in it for extra MPG, its not worth it.

In 2015 and on, they locked down the computer in the truck more heavily than earlier years. The result is you'll need a new computer and programmer, not just a programmer. So rather than spend $450 or so, you'll need to spend closer to $1000.

As far as MPG goes, even if you grandpa-throttle it, you're still talking one or two MPG more at most. Even if you make two or three more, it'll take a long time to make back a thousand dollars.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
A tuner will definitely increase power, driveability, and show a 1-2mpg increase, but with tuning running close to $1000 for the 2015+ trucks, I dont feel it is worth the investment if your main focus is fuel mileage. I would buy the tuner for the power gains, increased throttle response, ability to adjust your speedometer for the larger tires, ability to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes, and just consider any fuel mileage gains as an added bonus.

OP
OP
A

Aaronmaff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A tuner will definitely increase power, driveability, and show a 1-2mpg increase, but with tuning running close to $1000 for the 2015+ trucks, I dont feel it is worth the investment if your main focus is fuel mileage. I would buy the tuner for the power gains, increased throttle response, ability to adjust your speedometer for the larger tires, ability to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes, and just consider any fuel mileage gains as an added bonus.

Do you have a recommended tuner for my truck? I'm okay with getting a tuner for more power and having a 1-2 mpg increase as an added bonus. Although a tuner isn't something I'm going to invest in right away I'd like to have one picked out for the future.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Do you have a recommended tuner for my truck? I'm okay with getting a tuner for more power and having a 1-2 mpg increase as an added bonus. Although a tuner isn't something I'm going to invest in right away I'd like to have one picked out for the future.

I would go with the Diablo i2 with unlocked PCM and Hemifever Custom tune. We have this package on sale through the end of the year for $934 shipped. This does include free tune updates as well, and we can send you a tune for mileage, towing, racing, etc...

Diablo i2 & ECU w/ Hemifever Custom Tuning for 2015-2016 Ram 5.7/6.4

OP
OP
A

Aaronmaff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with the Diablo i2 with unlocked PCM and Hemifever Custom tune. We have this package on sale through the end of the year for $934 shipped. This does include free tune updates as well, and we can send you a tune for mileage, towing, racing, etc...

Diablo i2 & ECU w/ Hemifever Custom Tuning for 2015-2016 Ram 5.7/6.4

Thanks, I appreciate it. I won't be investing in that anytime soon, I have a long wish list of other parts and accessories to get first haha.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Search some salvage yards for a PCM. Have Diablo unlock it and get yourself Greene racing tune. You won't be disappointed.