pulling abs fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ended up pulling both of my ABS fuses and this thng drives like a dream now! Brakes, steering, acceleration is ALOT more smoother/firmer!

Anything I should worry about with these removed? Im sure most of you performance guys do this.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I only pull the J7 at the track as the code goes away as soon as it's put back. Pulling the pump fuse throws a stored code that has to be cleared.

Only downside is loss of cruise control when I do it.

OP
OP
sausec17

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only pull the J7 at the track as the code goes away as soon as it's put back. Pulling the pump fuse throws a stored code that has to be cleared.

Oh damn. I guess I need to put that one back in then get it flashed at the dealer?

I havent tried cruise, so I was unaware of losing it. Sucks to lose it, but its the only way my truck drives normal.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nah just disconnect the battery for a few and it'll clear it.

OP
OP
sausec17

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ROGER THAT BRO.

Oh yea, my speedometer didnt work this morning and my gas light would come on randomly lol Im guessing that was from the Pump fuse that I need to re-install?

EDIT: Installed the pump fuse and my speedometer still doesnt work?

Last edited:

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone cooked their abs pump doing this though? Idk if it was a coincidence but I wired a switch to my abs fuse, so flicking the switch would open the circuit. Same as pulling the fuse. And not to long after this (using the switch maybe once a week) my abs pump went. I wanna pull my fuse for summer but I don't wanna wreck the pump

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's the first I've heard of someones abs pump going out

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the first I've heard of someones abs pump going out

Yeah it's really strange lol. On a 2011 truck also. I wanna pull my fuse for the summer but now I'm to worrier to

operator

Professional Firefighter Captain
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

what does pulling the j7 fuse do? Does it turn off torque management? also i have a bully dog tuner is this ok to do? and sorry for so many questions but do you really feel a difference in power?