Recommended Headers and possible tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motomech09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so i have a couple of questions. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 5.7 8 speed trans. I am looking for a good set of shorty headers. i will eventually down the road do LTH however right now I only want to do shorty to bolt to the stock exhaust. i am also putting on a magnaflow muffler.
I did look through the forums a bit and couldn't find one that offered a list of good headers or anything that would be good.

Second question. I am also looking for a tuner. i am not totally certain what is exactly included and what is the best at this point. if anyone could possibly help me out or send to me an existing thread that may answer these questions that i may have looked over. any help is appreciated thank you.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Look at JBA headers and see if they have one for your truck. They are well made and they have some nice coating options, one of which I'd suggest you consider on any set of headers.

As far as programming, you'll need an unlocked PCM and the tuner. I'd suggest a Diablosport set up. Contact Matt at Moe's performance for more details.

OP
OP
Motomech09

Motomech09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay thank you so much. I really appreciate the info.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARH Headers and Diablo

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Shorties are nice in that they do bolt up to the stock mid pipe, but the gains are minimal in comparison to longtubes. With the JBA longtubes and shorties being nearly the same price, I would go with the longtubes from the start. The JBA longtubes with Y-pipe are currently about $830 uncoated, or $960 ceramic coated. If you can afford it, then ARH does make a higher quality header, but they do come at a cost. $1505 without cats or $1665 with cats. Performance is the same between the 2, so the difference is in the quality of the material.

As for tuning, you are going to need an unlocked PCM in order to tune your 2015. You have the option of purchasing the new PCM outright, or you can also save some money by sending your stock PCM back to Diablo after you receive your new unlocked PCM. We do offer both of these packages with or without custom tuning. You will need custom tuning for the headers to help tune out the rear o2 sensor codes.

Tomater03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stainless works long tubes are just as good of quality as ARH and can be had catless with ypipe or true dual connection for 1260 from Colorado speed . Quite a few trucks with them now with great power gains . I'd check that out and have a damn good header for quite a bit less than ARH. Maybe snag you up a throttle body with the money you save ;)

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How many peak horses do you actually get with long tubes vs the shortys?

Do you lose any hp in the lower rpms with long tubes?

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shorties are nice in that they do bolt up to the stock mid pipe, but the gains are minimal in comparison to longtubes. With the JBA longtubes and shorties being nearly the same price, I would go with the longtubes from the start. The JBA longtubes with Y-pipe are currently about $830 uncoated, or $960 ceramic coated. If you can afford it, then ARH does make a higher quality header, but they do come at a cost. $1505 without cats or $1665 with cats. Performance is the same between the 2, so the difference is in the quality of the material.

As for tuning, you are going to need an unlocked PCM in order to tune your 2015. You have the option of purchasing the new PCM outright, or you can also save some money by sending your stock PCM back to Diablo after you receive your new unlocked PCM. We do offer both of these packages with or without custom tuning. You will need custom tuning for the headers to help tune out the rear o2 sensor codes.

Well said.