Looking for Tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tireguy1000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I own an 02 2500 Diesel that I use only for towing. I tow a 10,000lb toy hauler, and an 11,000lb dump trailer. It is bone stock less a built trans I just put in and a BD exhaust brake. I often tow up the back grade (hwy18) to Big Bear several times a month. The truck does great with either trailer. I am at about 35 MPH at 2000 RPM'S with around 25% throttle. It is a steep windy road with up to a 16% grade in a few spots.

My question is, if anyone can recommend a plug and play tuner? Not looking to drag race or do brake stands, just more torque. I have to smog this truck so I'd like to be able to run the tune, then set it back when I need to smog it every 2 years.
Appreciate advice from those who have have experience with this vehicle and tuners.
Thanks a bunch!
-g

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a smarty tuner back in the day. It was great. I have no idea if they are still in business nowadays. I haven't paid attention to any of that stuff since I now own a 6.4 hemi, but the smarty was great.

Fuelie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Check out GDE to see if they have one. I use them, they are Mopar diesel engineers that were contractors for Stellantis.
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357