Resonator removal???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigNateTRX4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My TRX4 has the stock single exhaust. Muffler and then the smaller muffler ( resonator I think it is) in the back. Will it sound any better if the resonator is cut off. I don't want a lot of sound. Just wanna hear the hemi a little more. Any tried this?? Let me know

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same curiosity. Mine is also leaking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

WilCon76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you use to replace that section of pipe?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Outdoorsman with single 3" exhaust. I replaced the OE muffler with 22" Magnaflow. It's about perfect, but I may want a little more. I may try deleting resonator next. I figured the single system may actually be slightly louder than the dual. We only have 1 resonator, and they have 2. Thus, I didn't want to go too aggressive from the get go. It's always easier to make it louder, vs. more quiet. Most youtube clips are from dual setups. I think I did find 1 single -- with an 18". I also went with 22" due to cost. It was much cheaper than 18" since it's not polished.