Stainless Works Headers & Exhaust Sound Clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Very nice!!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate your 3 different comparisons.

I do wonder, why did you change from "S-Tube" in the 'middle' video to 'chambered' with the headers?

Also, any word on fitment for 2013 2500 4x Hemi?

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I appreciate your 3 different comparisons.

I do wonder, why did you change from "S-Tube" in the 'middle' video to 'chambered' with the headers?

Also, any word on fitment for 2013 2500 4x Hemi?

probably has to do with the need of restriction in the system with the 1 7/8 primaries and dual 3".

id really like to see a before and after dyno chart on this to see how much low end torque is lost.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Lots of great stuff...

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
Excellent comparison and options on your website. Finally somebody who lets you choose between a factory connection and a true dual set up if you're going that route. Need some dyno numbers now.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
probably has to do with the need of restriction in the system with the 1 7/8 primaries and dual 3".

id really like to see a before and after dyno chart on this to see how much low end torque is lost.

thats a big one....large primaries on the headers, and dual 3 inch pipes on a Naturally Aspirated engine.....i have to see a dyno sheet and or TRACK times to verify the gains. :)

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thats a big one....large primaries on the headers, and dual 3 inch pipes on a Naturally Aspirated engine.....i have to see a dyno sheet and or TRACK times to verify the gains. :)

maybe a good comparison would be against arh lt with 1 3/4 primaries and a mbrp/maggy cat back

OP
OP
S

Stainless Works Exhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the feedback and comments. We have experienced great performance out of the hemi engines in the Challenger using the larger 1-7/8" primaries, so we translated this over the the application in the Ram trucks. We do have a number of systems out there and feedback was positive for performance and sound. Sorry we don't have any real dyno numbers to prove but I'm sure there will be some sent over to us soon. Most already have been installed and have been driving them for a few months now. I know first hand you notice the power gain as soon as you step on the throttle, there is no delay, its a HEMI, you can't go wrong.

Good news is that since we already have a fixture for the 1-7/8" primaries we can easily make some in 1-3/4" but just haven't experienced the demand for them until recently.

Paul G.
Stainless Works

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Is there any benefit to going with 1 7/8" primaries? It was my understanding that it was better to go with 1 3/4" for vehicles with just bolt ons due to lack of back pressure from bigger primaries.

Are the headers for 2wd or do they also fit 4x4?

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is a tune required with the complete system or can they just be bolted on?

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No benefit in going to 1-7/8, 1-3/4 is more than enough for the 5.7L.

Sybil, it'll run on the factory tune, but it'll be rich as hell. Even with a canned Diablo tune it leaned it out to a more desirable AFR.

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the feedback and comments. We have experienced great performance out of the hemi engines in the Challenger using the larger 1-7/8" primaries, so we translated this over the the application in the Ram trucks. We do have a number of systems out there and feedback was positive for performance and sound. Sorry we don't have any real dyno numbers to prove but I'm sure there will be some sent over to us soon. Most already have been installed and have been driving them for a few months now. I know first hand you notice the power gain as soon as you step on the throttle, there is no delay, its a HEMI, you can't go wrong.

Good news is that since we already have a fixture for the 1-7/8" primaries we can easily make some in 1-3/4" but just haven't experienced the demand for them until recently.

Paul G.
Stainless Works

We have stepped up to gather interest for 1 3/4" primaries. If you are interested in purchasing Stainless Works premium headers in the 1 3/4" primary size at deeply discounted prices, speak up on our group buy thread! :shake:

http://www.ramforum.com/f145/group_buy_1_3_4_stainless_works_headers-41248/

Last edited:

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sybil, it'll run on the factory tune, but it'll be rich as hell. Even with a canned Diablo tune it leaned it out to a more desirable AFR.

Well, I'm not up on the truck tunes. Is that a hand held tuner and I guess I can buy a downloadable tune?

tazerr222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go check out the Group Buy for the 1 3/4 primaries in GotExhaust.com Vendor section!

Just got my SW exhaust from them and would love to add these headers to make it the full perfromance setup with true duals