Truck Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GemiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all. I recently upgraded from a Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab V6 4x4 to a Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 with a Hemi. I was not satisfied with the stock sound, and noticed that some times when I'd floor it, there would be some slight hesitation. That being said, I decided to perform two modifications to it. Before I go any further, I must say that I am not a mechanic by no means. However, there is a certain amount of pride you get from doing your own work on your truck, so I performed both mods myself. I first purchased a Flowmaster Outlaw directfit exhaust, then one day later I purchased a K&N cold air intake. I purchase everything on Amazon and had to wait 2 days for them to arrive.
The hardest part was the exhaust due to the bolts, clamps, and pipes being rusted stuck. I'm the 2nd owner of this truck, and the first came from Michigan, so the rust was understandable. After working on the exhaust for 3 days(using only hand tools), I was finally able to complete it. I then completed the cold air intake, and my truck sounds freaking amazing. My MPG has so far went up 1.3mpg, and that is even with me making her purr every chance I get. There is also no hesitation now when I hit the gas, and she squeals her tires every time I do it now. Next mod is going to be installing some LED headlights that I purchased last night. I'll post when they come. So, what kind of mods do you guys have, and suggest?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
welcome aboard bud.. grats on the upgrade

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
:wave: Welcome.
A Dee Zee Tailgate assist. D@mn thing almost crushed my kid first time he tried to help when I brought the truck home. Now its safe for the most feeble of humanity to open the tailgate. Of course its been four years and the boy is now big enough to remove and carry the D@mn tailgate by himself (eats like an Ox too).

Performance wise, a tuner and a pedal commander.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you want more power, I suggest you look into a Diablosport programmer and custom tune.

Contact Matt @ Moe's Performance, one of our supporting vendors on Ram Forum. He can hook you up with the entire package.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
welcome, grab yourself a peddle commander and enjoy the throttle response with the added sound.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Welcome buddy everybody is sit on a pedal Commander will take any lag out I love mine

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone run a tuner and a pedal commander, or are you guys recommending a pedal commander as alternate to a tuner save money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO they compliment each other.
Jay

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really love my PC.... it wakes up the throttle response for sure!

Like you, I upgraded the exhaust first by adding an 18" Magnaflow. Also removed the resonators in the back and added 5" tips. Sounds pretty damn good.

Welcome aboard! You have a great start so far!