Engine Mods List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEON2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to build my 5.7, I know what to do mechanically, but i don't know much about parts. Is this a good list of parts? I want to stay under 7k with everything included.
Coils and plugs are going to be changed either way.

K&N Blackhawk Cold Air Intake
More for the noise*

MSD Blaster Coil Packs; Red

AFE 1-5/8-Inch Twisted Steel Shorty Headers

MBRP Armor Lite Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips; Rear Exit

Comp Cams NSR Stage 1 HRT 216/222 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft and Lifter Kit

All links are clickable, is their anything I'm missing other than getting it tuned?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your stock coils are fine I would save the money on coils. Or if you want to replace them just buy new stock coils.

Instead of the Blackhawk intake look into the s&b with the money you save from not buying the coils. The closed box style from the s&b still uses the larger cone style filter and gives you the sound you are looking for.
http://www.moes-performance.com/S_B_Cold_Air_Intake_2009_2018_Ram_5_7L_Hemi_p/75-5106.htm

Also I would go with this cam over the one you listed. Then just add in new lifters and you’re good to go. This is the cam I’m debating on getting for the time being just to do a full mds delete till I get around to doing a 6.4 engine swap
http://www.moes-performance.com/MMX_5_7L_No_Tune_Required_Non_MDS_Camshaft_p/mmx-vvt-ntr.htm

If your truck currently has dual exhaust I would look into a carven muffler. It’ll give you pretty much the same sound and is a few bucks cheaper since it’s not replacing the entire back half. Also the mbrp exhaust is not stainless so it’ll rust out. The stock exhaust is a mild stainless which is better.

I prefer long tubes but being in cali I know you need to be carb compliant. I’m not sure if the afe are since it’s not listed on that link.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357