Weber State Transmission Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yes I have John as one of my subscribed you tube channels for a couple years now!
He has actually gone out of his way to answer a few of my 8HP70 questions!

I have a lot of respect for John & his knowledge!

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh crap, do you know if we have that cooler bypass valve on our truck?

I had the cooler hoses replaced under warranty after I found a leak and a few weeks later they had to replace the transmission heater because it was also leaking. Now the work order only state that they use the procedure to check and add fluid...

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow all of that to check your fluid?? Geez

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Bass head: from what I understand only the cars and trucks that have the heavy-duty transmission oil cooler has this bypass.
This is the reason their fluid actually gets below 190 some degrees is all due to this bypass.
Average transmission temps are between 165 and 185 with the heavy-duty transmission cooler and bypass installed on the 8HP70.

I installed a very large aftermarket transmission cooler as well as a remote spin-on transmission filter kit---> not knowing about this bypass. Due to the constant heating of the ATF fluid by the coolant heat exchanger attached to the transmission. So basically my installation of the aftermarket transmission cooler really does no good.

Really kind of sucks/ stupid that the coolant is constantly heating the ATF fluid. (This is a Ram add on NOT a ZF idea)

I would have to somehow purchase and install this same bypass for my new transmission cooler to be effective. (which I really have no future plans of doing).

I for one really would like to find out where exactly the dash digital transmission temperature reading is coming from? is it after the coolers going back to the transmission or coming out of the transmission going to the coolers.

I did not think out or think through my installation very well. Thus my transmission cooler is actually installed upstream of the coolant /ATF heat exchanger which defeats the whole purpose of the new large cooler.
Even though my transmission fluid is always being super cleaned down to 20 µm. I have noticed over the last few months or so my transmission temps average between 185 to 188 compared to 190/193 like it was before the Cooler/Filter install.

Last edited: