Weird "stutter" in RPM's around 1500 RPM's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just noticed recently on my 2014 5.7L that when I'm slowly accelerating either on the highway or locally and hit around 1500 RPM's, the engine kind of sputters for a second and the RPM's sound like they go up a little then back down. I noticed it a lot tonight on the highway when at 1500 RPM's and around 65 MPH but it happens at slower speeds too, just always at 1500 RPM's. Has anyone else experienced this? Under hard acceleration it doesn't happen. Any suggestions as to what it could be would be great. Thanks!

OP
OP
M

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just googled it and I think that's my problem. Someone else mentioned the highway driving at 1500-1700 rpms and 55-60 mph which is where it happens. I also put the largest magnaflow muffler on and the engine is a little louder which is probably why I've only noticed it recently. Unfortunately since I have the 8 speed I don't think there any way I can turn it off other than manually shifting it when it happens. Thanks for the help!

Ben