Brake and ABS lights blinking and chime???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiger9297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
A few days ago I started my truck and noticed that it was "chiming" and the "Brake" and "ABS" dash lights were blinking. This lasted a few seconds and then it all stopped. It has done this a few times since then and was wondering why. It has gotten colder here lately, but didn't know if the temperature would have anything to do with it. Ideas???

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does it do it like, right when you start the truck? If so, I would think it'd be just the lights comin on to cycle and then goin back off.... or is it coming on after the truck is already runnin for a bit?

OP
OP
T

tiger9297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
It only does it right when the truck starts. Maybe I missed it before, but I was thinking it just started doing this. I've only had the truck for a little over a week.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Should just cycle through it when you turn it on, the chiming will come from if you don't put your seat belt on before you put the key in. It doesn't like that. If that's the type of chime you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
yeah it should just do it everytime you start the truck, mine does it too

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey mine does this too...But they stay on now haha...See my new thread