Control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Who makes a decent control arm/ball joint assembly that won't break the bank? Bushings as well. I'm going to replace the entire front suspension soon.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rock auto has some decently priced ones. Under $50 each I remember seeing, maybe less.

OP
OP
hotkarl

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
How is Dorman? Their stuff ok?

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've seen, they've had good reviews. I've personally never bought any, but probably will once I need to replace some stuff. I recently did my struts and my upper ball joints seemed good still. This summer I might buy some stuff to swap out, otherwise next spring. Dorman seems to be pretty good from my research though.

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd opt for getting lifetime warranty parts, Moog and Nappa parts just to name some. People have been scamming that warranty forever including myself lol.

OP
OP
hotkarl

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I did a little digging, seems Dorman is hit or miss these days since changing ownership. They have rear spring shackles I'll probably pick up but I think I'll spend a few extra bucks on the important stuff with Moog or similar.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MOOG all the way. I have done alot of research on pricing, so will make it easy for you. Rockauto with the 5% coupon code is less than anyone. Amazon comes in second. I priced based off of both left and right side upper control arms and lower ball joints.

screenshot of my cart.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
attached

sorry forgot to attach it

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 74

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
MOOG all the way. I have done alot of research on pricing, so will make it easy for you. Rockauto with the 5% coupon code is less than anyone. Amazon comes in second. I priced based off of both left and right side upper control arms and lower ball joints.

I agree with you. For the ball joints though Mevotech offers a new heavy duty application parts line in the TTX range. They are on the pricey side but I have heard only good things about them. Like : "The last ball joint you will ever install..."

However, if money is a concern and you are on a budget, for the price of those 2 ball joints I got the whole front end from PrimeChoiceAutoParts

Both Balls joints (upper with ctrl arms, and Lower), Stabiliser Bar links and associated bushing, and both inner and outer tie rod ends...

Definitely not the best quality available, but with my limited budget it got me safely back back on the road for cheap. They also offer a very low cost lifetime warranty so if anything goes bad, you only have to order and swap...

If $$ is a concern, then it is an option.

Just saying... :crazy: