Different Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

physkomere

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, I have a 2012 Ram 1500 4wd going on 187k. Just had a question about the upper control arms and tire wear.

I can see that I have worn out lower control arm bushings that have play on the left. My tire wear is fairly even on that side. I noticed the upper control arm on this side has the ball joint lower.

The right side is wearing more on the outside. Bushings don’t have play but I’m going to replace both sides anyways. This upper control arm has the ball joint flat with the arm.

I took a look at my mom’a truck because she has a 2019 Ram 1500 and her upper control arms look similar to the one that’s set lower but I’m sure it’s different since it’s next gen.

I just want to know which one I’m supposed to have and if that will affect my tire wear before I potentially buy the wrong ones. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 15

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can just go to whatever site and put in your truck info and itll tell you whether you buy mopar or after market