A heating question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daytime dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Last night was the first night I needed to use the heater. I set it for defrost first, then full vent. My side, the two driver side vents, blew cool air. The three on the passenger side were throwing the heat.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? My Ram is a 2003 1500 SLT with the 4.7. The air conditioning appeared to be flawless this summer.

I have had the truck since June. I never needed the heat until lately.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Sounds like one of the doors that control where the air goes is broken. YouTube ahs several videos on this. Just do a search for Blend Door dodge ram.

OP
OP
D

daytime dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I appreciate the response. I thought I would post an update. The blend door headed me in the right direction. As my internet research continued, I found others with the same issue, no heat on one side. The common solution was a flush of the heater core.

I flushed it with a garden hose and added some CLR product. I don't think much CLR actually got in. Thorough rinsing after and the heat is flowing nicely. It's much warmer in all the vents.

FarTooMuchhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3L V10
wow, really?! (I realize this is an old thread, but im searching for answers). I have an '06 SRT10 QC and I get cold AC on both sides and hot heat on the pax side, but no heat on the driver's side. Can you please share your heater core flush method? Thanks!

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow, really?! (I realize this is an old thread, but im searching for answers). I have an '06 SRT10 QC and I get cold AC on both sides and hot heat on the pax side, but no heat on the driver's side. Can you please share your heater core flush method? Thanks!

Not sure that they’ll reply after 4 years lol but usually you disconnect the heater core hoses in the engine bay and flush through them in both directions with a garden hose. When I did my Jeep I made a fitting that would attach the garden hose and heater hose together. I think it was a barb type fitting to go into the heater hose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990