Hmmmm, Tranny slipping?? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Hello everyone, looking for advise. Own a 08' Ram 1500 quad cab with auto tranny.
Currently has 150,000 and 2 weeks ago before driving on a 1500 mile round trip I decided to take my truck in to service the tranny fluids. Just a simple R&R, did not flush the entire tranny. Had them replace with OE fluids, both filters, new gasket and all was good... until this week.

First noticed that when I come around a corner a little hard I notice the RPM's increase but it's as though it slips out of gear just momentarily and then suddlenly grabs the gear and it's good. I've tried giving it more gas as well and same thing happens.

Also when backing out of my driveway, goes into reverse just fine, then place it into Drive and it takes a bit longer for it to recognize that it's in drive then it starts moving.

What could this possibly be? Really hoping that the tranny isn't going bad already. I don't drive it hard and tow a small 5x10 enclosed 2000 trailer once a month and that's the extent of what I do. Not my daily driver also.

What could be happening? I called the shop this morning and explained these issues and he said to bring it in and they will double check fluids and etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like low fluid. Have them check that first.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
I'm really hoping that's all it is. It's never done this before and happened only AFTER replacing the AT fluid is a bit suspicious...

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Fluid or if the one filter maybe isn't sealed quite right. When you did the big filter (not the spin on) did you pull the seal out and replace it?

OP
OP
FullForceRam

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Hemilonestar:
A quick update, I took my truck in this morning and he did say it was low about three quarters of a quart. I'm not too sure if that would cause slippage, but I'm glad that they topped it off correctly. As far as the filter being placed on correctly, I don't know because I didn't do it myself.