I got 6k im my pocket!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have $6000 to spend in mods! A guy is coming to pick up my boat next week so its back to modding...
I'm not going to blow it all on mods (although I would love to)... I have school and **** to pay for yet but since I sold my baby, I think I deserve a little something.... Ideas???
FOR SURE: tow mirrors
I'm also thinking:
-gears and DTT (would probably wait till after christmas- if i can)
-headers (for a future cam?? :naughty:)
-torque converter
-cam (tuning is such a ***** tho)
-audio (i dont even know where to start... done need BOOMBOOM, just a nice sound)

I was thinking about more lift but it already only clears the garage door by 2''...

I wanna hear what you guys think, IMO gears should be the first mod on a truck like mine, and they WILL come... soon...
can anyone think of any visual mods that wont overdo it?

thanks guys, ladies, and shilo

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
its a tuffy. visually your truck is sick nothing i would change. do the gears, you know you wanna

shadow11

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005, 2009
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gears with those big ass wheels and tires would probably be a good thing!:naughty:

OP
OP
cheapbeater

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
would i be able to spin the 35's with 4.56's? without braketorquing? i cant even spin them with a braketorque now...
lol. i know its stupid to buy gears just to burn $1000 tires but its so embarasing when a fucken HEMI cant spin the tires!!

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
im tellin ya man. with 4.56 that truck will get sideways around turns at like half throttle. you SHOULD be able to do peel outs (just gas n go) and you'll certainly be able to brake stand effortlessly.

Even on 35's, 4.56 gears are your tires worst nightmare. Your gas mileage's best friend though ;)

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
How much are you wanting to spend on mods? Gears would be the first thing I would get

OP
OP
cheapbeater

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
now i'm gettin a woody about gears! damnit!
procharger is a ***** to tune on an '03, not to mention the price tag... i was looking at STS's for awile but i want my motor and tranny to last for awile yet..

i'll probably spend 2000-2500 on mods... i gotta find a good local shop for the gears..

btw AF: why did you go with the auburn vs the DTT? i know theyre both great units but i would like to get away from clutches... just wondering if you had a certain reason..?

Last edited:

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$1800 for gears and lsd installed
$700 for longtubes ceramic coated (the only smart choice in WI)

For another $2000 you could do a cam and all parts, custom tuning, all necessary wideband stuff, and torque converter.

So for about $4500, you could add some SERIOUS power to that thing (depending on the cam, up to 100 hp/120 tq)

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ProChargers come with a DSP with a custom tune loaded, plus injectors now instead of the old 2 injectors on a TB spacer.

But yeah it is pricey, around $5k

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Well gears will take up about a grand / grand and a half after all is said and done, headers will run you around $400+ so there already is almost $2k out of your budget...

Damn AF already beat me to it!!!

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dylan, I went with Auburn for a couple reasons.

1.) It was $100 cheaper
2.) It locks up faster (fractions of a second faster, but still faster)
3.) Although it has clutches, they'll never wear out.

Ultimately it came down to the cost.

OP
OP
cheapbeater

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i guess the search is on for a gear shop. lol... i figured you guys would say gears anyway...
how much of a difference to LT headers make on a stock motor? ya,ya, i know they are a forsight for future mods.. but what can i expect until then?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990