Looking to make good power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEON2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm picking up a 5.7 with 120k miles. I'm thinking of getting an intake, exhaust, hrt stage 1 cam w/lifters, long tubes, and high stall tq. Is there any supporting mods id need (gears, trans, etc)? I want to squeeze more power but still have a reliable truck. Rarely towing a jet ski, mostly daily driving. Also, would I need a tuner to create files or will a diablo work fine? Thank you

Comp Cams NSR Stage 1 HRT 216/222 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft and Lifter Kit

Corsa Performance Closed Box Cold Air Intake with MaxFlow 5 Oiled Filter

MBRP Armor Lite Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips; Rear Exit

Diablosport Trinity 2 Platinum Tuner

BBK 1-3/4-Inch Long Tube Headers; Polished Silver Ceramic

3k High stall

Feel free to leave any recommendations

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I would rethink the cold air intake, waste of $$. The oil could set off a sensor and the stock air box flows as much air that you can use.

I would go HP tuners, vs diablo better options and more flexibility

I would invest in different long tunes, arh or kooks.. or Texas speed anything but bbk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm picking up a 5.7 with 120k miles. I'm thinking of getting an intake, exhaust, hrt stage 1 cam w/lifters, long tubes, and high stall tq. Is there any supporting mods id need (gears, trans, etc)? I want to squeeze more power but still have a reliable truck. Rarely towing a jet ski, mostly daily driving. Also, would I need a tuner to create files or will a diablo work fine? Thank you

Comp Cams NSR Stage 1 HRT 216/222 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft and Lifter Kit

Corsa Performance Closed Box Cold Air Intake with MaxFlow 5 Oiled Filter

MBRP Armor Lite Dual Exhaust System with Polished Tips; Rear Exit

Diablosport Trinity 2 Platinum Tuner

BBK 1-3/4-Inch Long Tube Headers; Polished Silver Ceramic

3k High stall

Feel free to leave any recommendations
What transmission do you have,if 6 speed,swapping to an 8 speed will give you more performance then the cam will.
The majority of guys who've swapped from the 5/6 speed RFE have picked up at the very least a 1/2 sec in the 1/4 mile which is more then the cam swap will give you.

OP
OP
D

DEON2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What transmission do you have,if 6 speed,swapping to an 8 speed will give you more performance then the cam will.
The majority of guys who've swapped from the 5/6 speed RFE have picked up at the very least a 1/2 sec in the 1/4 mile which is more then the cam swap will give you.
8 speed Will stock dif be enough?

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock trans and rear end will be fine for a NA build. If it doesn't have 3.92s look into those.

The intake will look cool under the hood and add some noise, but the stock airbox flows more than enough air as it is. We're not in the 90's anymore. These things are engineered quite well from the factory.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
8 speed Will stock dif be enough?
Yes your 8 speed will be strong enough,but dump the idea of using the Diablo to tune it,as you can't tune the 2014's 8 speed with Diablo,you'll want to find a tuner who can tune it with HP.
Step up to a True Trac unit for the rear diff,as the weak link in the diff is the factory limited slip unit.
Avoid BBK headers,spend the money on a set of ARH or Stainless Works long tubes.
I didn't know BBK made long tubes,which makes me think you're referring to their shorties.
AFE's are the shorties you want instead of BBK,next down would be JBA shorties,but they don't have a great rep either.
Get ahold of Nick at Got Exhaust on here for a good deal on the headers,or Matt Fikac at Moes

OP
OP
D

DEON2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes your 8 speed will be strong enough,but dump the idea of using the Diablo to tune it,as you can't tune the 2014's 8 speed with Diablo,you'll want to find a tuner who can tune it with HP.
Step up to a True Trac unit for the rear diff,as the weak link in the diff is the factory limited slip unit.
Avoid BBK headers,spend the money on a set of ARH or Stainless Works long tubes.
I didn't know BBK made long tubes,which makes me think you're referring to their shorties.
AFE's are the shorties you want instead of BBK,next down would be JBA shorties,but they don't have a great rep either.
Get ahold of Nick at Got Exhaust on here for a good deal on the headers,or Matt Fikac at Moes

is this any good or should i go with long tubes, id prefer no welding

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

is this any good or should i go with long tubes, id prefer no welding
Long tubes are what you want,they make bottem end torque,and pull all through the rev range,shorties are geared towards higher rpm power,and they don't do much up top to create power.
You put a set of long tubes on it,the 6.4 truck intake and a good HP tune,and the truck will surprise you on what it gains,plus be totally reliable.Boosting a stock 5.7 can be a crap shoot on how long it lasts,especially if you drive it hard,some guys get away lucky and it lasts for 50,000 miles,the next guy scatters parts at 2,000 miles,but they usually won't make it to a 100,000 miles boosted

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know if we can help.

For headers you will want long tubes for more power! Stainless works or ARH are your best options there.

For the catback exhaust the MBRP kit is good but I wouldnt do the aluminized kit, spend a little more and do at least the 409 stainless steel one. Much better steel and will last longer! They also have a 304 stainless steel version

Message me if you would like a quote on anything please feel free to message me.