I got 6k im my pocket!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone on here done gears themselves? I have seen it done but getting the backlash and all the fine adjustments seem to take some good know how.

I had a 2001 1500 QC w a 318 that I swapped out the 3.55's for 4.10's. The fronts I actually found a used carrier and swapped out the whole thing. Believe it or not it lined up pretty good first shot. The back was a little trickier. Bought a new ring and pinion from Richmond Gear and had to set everything. The rear took me almost a whole day to get a good pattern. It's a pain in the ass taking the pinion in and out every time you want to change a shim. I later found a website that gave "starting points" for shim thickness. Turns out I ended up with exactly what they recommended to start with. That would have saved some time if I had found it first..

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had a 2001 1500 QC w a 318 that I swapped out the 3.55's for 4.10's. The fronts I actually found a used carrier and swapped out the whole thing. Believe it or not it lined up pretty good first shot. The back was a little trickier. Bought a new ring and pinion from Richmond Gear and had to set everything. The rear took me almost a whole day to get a good pattern. It's a pain in the ass taking the pinion in and out every time you want to change a shim. I later found a website that gave "starting points" for shim thickness. Turns out I ended up with exactly what they recommended to start with. That would have saved some time if I had found it first..

So... what was the website? Lol this might save ME alot of time when I do this ; )

OP
OP
cheapbeater

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
alright, the guy took my boat today :( sad day...
I need to make myself feel better with some mods :D I will be ordering tow mirrors early this week, and will be looking into headers...
Unfortunately i got hit harder by tuition than I had expected so.. gears and locker are on the waiting list until hopefully christmas..

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
alright, the guy took my boat today :( sad day...
I need to make myself feel better with some mods :D I will be ordering tow mirrors early this week, and will be looking into headers...
Unfortunately i got hit harder by tuition than I had expected so.. gears and locker are on the waiting list until hopefully christmas..

buy my 6.1 cam too :D