Patriot Blue Paint Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardcore1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed there are 2 Patriot Blue paint codes PB7 and PBT. Does anyone know why there are 2 codes? Are they slightly different colors? Will a PBT fender look off on a PB7 truck or vice versa?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everything I can find uses them interchangeably like they are the same color. If I can get him on the phone tomorrow, I will call my painter and ask him to look up the mix chart for both of them to verify any differences.

OP
OP
H

Hardcore1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for your effort. I ended up purchasing the PBT fender and putting on my PB7 truck. While I still dont have an answer to why, Everyone should be happy to know It matched perfect. You cannot tell the difference. Hope this helps someone in the future.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Can't help us if you didn't tell us which one you went with :)

The difference is the variance in the master color batch.
Painters will look at a B7 or a WB7 and mix off that.

You can use paint sources like paint scratch.com to help you with the VIN decoding.

OP
OP
H

Hardcore1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 07 truck has code of PB7 and I purchased a fender off an 06 truck with a PBT code. I cannot tell the difference. They are identical.