Service ETC, Braking System, & multiple codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdstadler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 Flex Fuel
2016 Ram 1500 3.6 L flex fuel version, 110K miles. Out of the blue began having issues with my truck, starts right up every time, but shows “Service Electronic Throttle Control” & “Service Electronic Braking System.” Truck enters limp mode with a rough idle and cannot drive over 13 mph. It became more severe and frequent over the course of 4 days and now approx 9/10 times I start it enters this mode. She is now parked in the driveway.

Codes being thrown are: P0108 P0113 P0118 P0198 P0653 P1622 P2181 P2127 P26A7 P2681 P018D

Almost ALL of these codes are for high or low voltage to 5V systems. I just checked the codes 2 weeks before this happened and i had NONE. So I would think this is an electrical issue of some sort. Only new difference is that I got new tires like 2 days before this started happening, but I think it’s irrelevant.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I replaced the battery already. No obvious signs of animals/rodents on any wiring. Any input is appreciated!

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Typically, when you experience a flood of sensor issues, it is caused by a module or modules that are not getting good power. It seems that 9.6 volts is the threshold of how low the system voltage can go before the modules start setting DTCs.

You stated you replaced the battery, how long ago? Did the issues just start?

My first guess is your replacement battery is bad. I had a new battery fail on me once, it was a difficult issue to find because the battery tested good but every once in a while, one cell in the battery would reverse polarity causing a voltage drop that set DTCs and stalled the engine. I would start there, if you have access to another battery, try a swap and see if the issues go away.

OP
OP
S

sdstadler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 Flex Fuel
I replaced the battery after the issues began.

***Update

I noticed that one of the codes was for an “Open Circuit” where as the rest were for high or low voltages. I unplugged the open circuit, the 3 way coolant valve sensor, and started my truck. Almost all of the codes went away and no limp mode, I will be replacing this part and updating after.

OP
OP
S

sdstadler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 Flex Fuel
Replaced the 3 way coolant valve. Truck has returned back to normal. Turns out if ONE of the multiple sensors had a ground fault or a short, it will trigger the all of the sensors on the same 5V system to fault.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat