Recirculating door and blend door both bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My AC with a brand new compressor isn't blowin cold air at all. It'll blow warm/hot but not cold. And it doesn't recirc at all.

What's the average cost to replace these? Is it a job I can do on my own?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've never had to replace them but looking at the 3rd gen service manual, there's quite a bit of stuff to remove just to get in there. Most of the upper and lower HVAC housing, which includes the heater core, A/C evaporator, blend air and mode air doors, air door actuators, air distribution manifold and the rest resides behind your dash face, basically all the way from the driver to passenger sides of the cabin.

You start under the hood by draining the coolant system, removing the heater hoses and the PCM. You remove 4 bolts from the firewall, then move inside.

At this point you have to remove the instrument panel, the audio, the glovebox and various harnesses that can be unclipped and moved out of the way.

3 more bolts and the assembly is ready to pull out.

How good are ya at laying on your back on the floor of the cab and unbolting stuff?

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do it, I pretty much did it myself. It is a lot of time and work but saves a but load of money

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Did a blend door in the wifes truck a few years ago, it takes awhile just make sure you take your time.

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dodge quoted me 1k bucks.

I am not even sure thats what it is, the AC compressor was just replaced in June. And now the AC doesnt work, heat does. But the recirc doesnt.

Any guesses as to what it could be?

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I just detached and reattached the AC compressor and all the ac fuses and relays and it works. Must have been a bad connection.