Smoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it normal to see some smoke from the tailpipe when it's 45 degrees out? And trucks been running for couple hours... Not super crazy just kinda coming out of the muffler... It's white almost clear it seems. Thanks in advance , I just worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After a vehicle is at regular operating temp at 45 you shouldn't see any smoke. Monitor your coolest levels (white smoke, black smoke is burning oil).

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Some trucks will smoke at that temp when running almost perfectly. I have seen mine smoke when it was 50 degrees out and when nuts about it. Took my truck to the dealership to have it checked out. It turned out to be normal for my truck to do that when the catalytic system and the engine were operating at peak efficiency. There was a drip of water coming out of the tailpipes also and the smoke happened to be steam from the exhaust heat.
If you are still worried about it take it to a dealership or even PeP Boys, and have them check it out.