Diy axle flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive been looking around and cant find any good sites showing a write up or list of supplies.
Redtruck-va you once told me you can do it with trailer parts, but I was too scared at the time. Could you elaborate now? If you have time.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Flip kits are pretty basic. ie the axle is moved from below the axle to above the axle. You will need two leaf spring perches. And four U bolts to fit the new configuration. The spring center mounting hole on the perch will need to be relocated foreword about 9/16" moving the axle rearward to keep the drive shaft from bottoming in the trans. The stock shackles will give about a 6" drop. Shocks will need to be replaced or shock mount extensions used. When you have everything aligned to your satisfaction have the perches welded to prevent movement/ axle twist. Others are welcomed to contribute, as it's been a while since I have worked on a flip kit. If you look at this google you can see several picture with the axle located above the spring.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cal...8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7NDKB_enUS531&gws_rd=ssl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007