Lifting straps... no, lowering straps... yes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
So I was running into a small problem with my air bags. If I lift the truck by the frame, the rear axle will hang down pulling on the air bags, and has a large potential to rip them apart. So I would only be allowed to lift by my axles... ***!

So I was looking around for a fix, and found another guy that had a problem with his lowering springs on his truck falling out, so he made some heavy straps and mounted them from the top of the shock to the bottom to keep them from sagging too much when he lifted the truck on a lift.

VIOLA! Here's my answer. LIMITING STRAPS! Gonna order them tomorrow. Just need to measure how long I need them to be.

$27 bucks for a set of 4 rated at 7000 lbs each. Cant beat that!

Limiting Straps

yhst2905323704269921302.jpg

Last edited:

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Awesome, that's cool how simple of a fix that is

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yeah, they seem pretty easy to install too. Just gotta jack up the frame a lil, and see how far the airbags can be stretched. Then I'll measure, and prolly get some straps that are a lil shorter, maybe an inch or two, just in case the straps stretch.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
we call them limiting straps over in S10 world

edit...(nevermind...sorry)

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
That's a good simple fix. kool..

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Exploded? ****, I would have to take the entire bed off again to replace it. It looks so difficult with it on. Hopefully I can put these on pretty soon. My new mounts for the caltracs from moes will be here friday so saturday or sunday Ill install them and the ported TB. Definately wont have those straps by then, but Ill check to make sure I can install them without a problem.

I also have to get the spring perch underneath the axle welded. Prolly try and do that as well.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
sounds scary aaron. trup im glad you are totally commited to this project and catching all the psiibles before they go wrong. plus the straps will look cool as hell too