No help from Ramcares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
OK readers, this is a long one but details are important here.
I took my 2019 Laramie to the dealer for the 2nd time due to a exhaust manifold leak, still under warranty. Before doing so i called their Parts Dept and was told that exhaust manifold was not in stock and would take 1 to 2 weeks to get it. I also have a cage welded onto the exhaust system to prevent catalytic converter theft. Since i knew i would be dropping of the truck, having it evaluated and picking it up before the required parts arrived so i would not have to pay for a rental car for over 1 week i did not have the theft cage removed at that time. I told the Service writer i knew the parts were not in stock, evaluate and call me so i could get the truck back, then would return when parts came in. She said no problem. When i picked up the truck the work order stated cannot repair due to rods being welded onto exhaust system. Diagnosed cracked exhaust manifold. Remove cage and we can repair. Service writer said parts will be in soon and we made a return appointment. Service writer gave me a phone# and said likely you will be reimbursed for rental car. I submitted a claim for those 3 days along with attachment of Service receipt and rental car receipt EXPLAINING THAT THE CAGE DID NOT PREVENT ANY WORK, THEY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM AND I WOULD REMOVE IT FOR THE ACTUAL REPAIR WHEN THE PARTS WERE IN STOCK. It was denied due to the cage, whoever read it not understanding the explanation, or not caring trying to save $.
Took truck back following week with cage removed, got rental car again and truck was repaired .
I submitted another claim for that rental car and repair work with cage removed and parts in stock attaching rental car receipt and repair order from Dealer and that was denied , referring to the 1st Service order stating there was a cage attached and exhaust system not accessible!
Called the 800# and was told case closed sorry nothing we can do. I attempted to contact Rob @ ramcares and was answered by Hannah. She said attach all receipts and i will take a look. I did WITH A THOROUGH EXPLANATION about the cage and parts availability as i explained above.
She said denied due the aftermarket cage! What don't these so called ramcares employees understand? The cage had nothing to do with being able to repair the problem! In the past i had a problem getting reimbursed when the truck was new for a battery that went bad while in Warranty and Rob stepped up after the case was denied and got things settled and me reimbursed. Where is Rob now, or someone with his clout that understands the issue here? So frustrating and hard to believe that Ram cares

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have seen on this forum many people denied because of aftermarket parts, it seems as this is quite common for them to blame the fault on the part then deny warranty. The only way to try for success is to remove any related aftermarket parts before any service writer ever looks at your truck. They probably got rid of your boy Rob for approval of things that should have been denied. Never assume that anyone there works together to give customer satisfaction.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have seen on this forum many people denied because of aftermarket parts, it seems as this is quite common for them to blame the fault on the part then deny warranty. The only way to try for success is to remove any related aftermarket parts before any service writer ever looks at your truck. They probably got rid of your boy Rob for approval of things that should have been denied. Never assume that anyone there works together to give customer satisfaction.
Amazes me at how many guys leave any easily removable after market parts on a truck,then whine when they're turned down for warrenty. The OP has already had a run around with warrenty,you'd of thought he'd of learned his lesson the first time around,and removed the cage around his cats,especially when he knew it had to come off for the warrenty work to be done.
Sorry OP you're not getting any sympathy from me. Hopefully this time you learn to remove anything that might allow them to deny warrenty,as they'll use any excuse to stick you with the bill

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Warranty claims are like insurance claims the dealer has to get reimbursed in return for the work they preformed by FCA
Insurance companies avoid and deny claims more than they honor them in order to stay in business,

They go by a flow chart with no emotions involved one of those items on the flow chart is “aftermarket parts”

if present and relative to a vehicle’s system under review …

“sorry not our problem”

Dealerships are a money making prospect, the same as vehicle manufacturers and with today’s economy no one wins.

California has the toughest emissions laws and what I like to refer to as predatory governmental practices with fees, regulations and penalties that only serves to make a profit hence any business is forced into the same model just to survive… it’s a tragedy with very little oversight or at the least very few remaining entities that actually have a heart or care what the end result is.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Without knowing any more about your mod, and with no pics, I can't say I blame them for denying your claim if you welded a steel cage anywhere near the exhaust manifold(s). If all you have is something written up that mentions the cage and no details about it, you probably don't have grounds for your claim at this point. Ramcares isn't all powerful. If Stellantis decides a claim isn't valid Ramcares cannot override them. Why didn't you just remove it in the first place?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram does NOT care.
No company cares, they act like they do to sell. The bottom line depends on pinching pennies, especially today. Not right, but my experience 80% of the time.

Interesting perspectives though… based on similar experience I guess vs the law. Insurance companies have an army of lawyers that know they can’t deny warranty claims unless they prove an aftermarket part caused the issue. They will bluff though, because most don’t have an army of lawyers at their disposal. The law protects those who have time and money for litigation.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Honestly, hanging out here has mostly convinced me this will be my last “dodge” product.

OP
OP
J

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Amazes me at how many guys leave any easily removable after market parts on a truck,then whine when they're turned down for warrenty. The OP has already had a run around with warrenty,you'd of thought he'd of learned his lesson the first time around,and removed the cage around his cats,especially when he knew it had to come off for the warrenty work to be done.
Sorry OP you're not getting any sympathy from me. Hopefully this time you learn to remove anything that might allow them to deny warrenty,as they'll use any excuse to stick you with the bill
Since i live in a high crime area where Cats are frequently stolen i felt it was ok to leave the cage on until the actual repair was going to happen, as described in my initial report . I guess i was mistaken to expect a Company to understand that and actually work with a Customer to resolve an easily explainable issue. When my vehicle was returned with no cage for the actual repair to take place why couldn't they honor the vehicle rental then if not allowing the initial rental 1 week previous? Yep, crazy to assume a Big Name company would understand! No good will towards returning customers. It seems a few days of vehicle rental is worth more to ram stellantis that customer good will

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Customer service in the eyes of most corporations doesn't make them money. I completely disagree with that mentality but I'm not on the board of directors for any corporation. The company I work for places a huge emphasis on customer support. Our products come with a 10 year warranty, but has never charged a customer for a repair even after that has expired. This keeps our customers coming back for our products, which does make the company money. If only car companies could understand that and adopt similar values. But then again the quality of our products means there aren't a lot of failures once they make it to the field.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517