04 ram cv axle angle question with lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone with a 6" lift on 37's having any problems with their front CV axles? I want to get 37's but some people said that the 37's will snap the axles….id like to hear some opinions. Also what would you recommends replacing when lifting a truck besides the tie rods?

Izzyb47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar 4.7l
I have a 6'' lift with 37s and yes the front driveshaft has to go ive taken it to a few different shops and everyone says to just get a driveshaft that can handle a bigger angle. I still have my cv shaft in and its making alot of noise. and this is the 3rd shaft i put in.

m4mckeen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What does your shaft look like () I think mine is aftermarket I can't tell

Izzyb47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar 4.7l
mine has a u joint at the end of the diff and where it goes into the trans case it looks like a bell connected to a slip joint and in said bell is a cv bearing that will fail if its angle is not correct

m4mckeen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
mine has a u joint at the end of the diff and where it goes into the trans case it looks like a bell connected to a slip joint and in said bell is a cv bearing that will fail if its angle is not correct

Hmm I think mine is aftermarket it's basically a mini me of the rear shaft.