2002 1500 2wd 2" coil spacer questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countrydriven

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
Alright, I've installed 6 different sets of coil spacers throughout the past few years. However, never on a 2wd with this type of suspension. My family has owned this truck since new and it has about 200k. It's our tow rig and it oftentimes finds itself in the middle of a muddy field when trailering our horses, livestock, lumber etc....and the front end of the truck always gets caught when there's any sort of incline. So the 2" of extra lift would help out. My questions are:
1. I heard the upper control arms will collide if I use stock shocks?? I've also heard that they will collide when using coil spacers period. I don't want this and will live with the rake if I have to...

2. I would prefer some cheap parts store shocks, heard some people claim 2500 shocks work? Is this correct?

Rampitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When it comes to suspension just do it. The right way and don't try and take the cheapest route you will get nothing but headaches. Imo I think it's best to just a buy a kit with all the parts you need and you don't have to worry about mix and matching.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk