Spindle/Coil Lift Vs. Rough Country Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ap577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you all prefer and why?

I'm looking to buy a lift kit but still can't decide which lift I want to go with. Either a 4" Spindle and RC 3" Suspension lift, or a Rough country 6" Suspension lift.

Whats the difference between handling and stuff?

You probably get more clearance with the spindle lift but besides that what else is the difference and what do you all think is better

And whats more stressing on your trucks front end

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I think the 6" kit will be a safer bet as it replace the crossmember and some other components that will keep nearly the stock geometry.
By usin the 3" springs with the spindles you could possibly put alot of stress on the ball joints

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
What kind of decrease in mpg did you experience with the 6 inch?

that all depends on what size tires you were wanting to run and i have the coils and spindles and have had zero issues and the ride is good, plus installation is easy as hell

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the rc 6" with spacers on top of the coils and honestly it rides better with the spacers imo. And my mileage with stock size tires stayed around 18- 21 on the highway. When I went with different tires I'm still getting 18 on the highway. Hope thus helps.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I've got the rc 6" with spacers on top of the coils and honestly it rides better with the spacers imo. And my mileage with stock size tires stayed around 18- 21 on the highway. When I went with different tires I'm still getting 18 on the highway. Hope thus helps.

how are you liking those cooper stts?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got about 6k on them and can barely tell lol I'm actually due for a rotation next week lol. In a complete down pour of rain I never had an issue with hydro-plaining. I love them.

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Got about 6k on them and can barely tell lol I'm actually due for a rotation next week lol. In a complete down pour of rain I never had an issue with hydro-plaining. I love them.

im probably going to get those or trail grapplers

OP
OP
ap577

ap577

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with a 3" RC Coil kit and 3" RC Spindles.. Pics soon after I put the spindles on