Rough Country 2" N3 on a V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 express crew
Engine
Anyone know why the N3 loaded struts say not for a V6? I'm assuming it is due to the weight difference in the motor. Looking to see if anyone has run these struts on a V6 and how much of a lift it actually gives the V6. Curious if it's a little more than the 2" and then have to get a spacer for the rear since I don't want to be nose high. I've been searching this forum and all over the web with minimal results. Currently running 33x12.5 on 20x10 rims and would like to go to 35s this fall.

Have looked at bils but I'd like to swap everything out and not have to deal with the coils. They scare me... lol

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get bilstein 5100s as an assembled strut set to your desired setting. Around $800 if I recall correctly. And while your at it, why not spend a couple hundred more and get the 6112 assemblies (just under $1000).

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can get bilstein 5100s as an assembled strut set to your desired setting. Around $800 if I recall correctly. And while your at it, why not spend a couple hundred more and get the 6112 assemblies (just under $1000).
Probly because the rc ones are $329. Im not insinuating thats money well saved…just figuring thats why. Which is why most people ever even consider rc.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^ Valid reasoning I would urge anyone looking to level the front of any 1500 to use Bilstein or Fox shocks, take you pick. Money well spent in my opinion
As always I would recommend Nick@GotExhaust on this forum for any needs

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Probly because the rc ones are $329. Im not insinuating thats money well saved…just figuring thats why. Which is why most people ever even consider rc.
That’s what I used spacers on my Gen 4. I didn’t think it would make much of a difference and couldn’t understand why people would pay so much more for 5100’s. WELL, it rode like he&& and my 5th Gen got 5100’s and I realized why the money is worth it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what I used spacers on my Gen 4. I didn’t think it would make much of a difference and couldn’t understand why people would pay so much more for 5100’s. WELL, it rode like he&& and my 5th Gen got 5100’s and I realized why the money is worth it.
Comparing a spacer lift to a lifted strut is like comparing apples to oranges. While they may give the same over look/stance, they are completely different. And spacers are just plain old bad on the half tons.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Save up and get Bills dude , Friends dont let friend buy RC

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Comparing a spacer lift to a lifted strut is like comparing apples to oranges. While they may give the same over look/stance, they are completely different. And spacers are just plain old bad on the half tons.
Point was… don’t cheap out. You won’t be as satisfied in the end just trying to save a few bucks.