Advice on exhaust sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I saw something like this in another thread but they were shooting for quieter. I have an 03 Ram 1500 with the Magnum 4.7 and it has decent gruff for what I believe it to be stock set up. I want that low deep lope and not so much Brop or crackle. Is there some type of muffler that will give me the sound I'm lookin for? I know it'd be best to just redo the whole exhaust and I plan to eventually just wondering if I could make a reasonable difference at all by starting there.

2003 Ram 1500 4.7 magnum 4x2
196k miles but well taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d250

Reaction score
Ram Year
1991/1995
Engine
5.2 318 v8/5.9l 12v Cummins
A 30 inch glass pack

d250

Reaction score
Ram Year
1991/1995
Engine
5.2 318 v8/5.9l 12v Cummins
Get it welded in I'm having trouble finding a adapter for my muffler.

OP
OP
Joshua

Joshua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Thanks! I'm new here and still figuring the forum stuff out. A lifetime of just trying to keep your car running makes you feel good and can't wait to fix something up that runs good already.
Haven't posted an intro yet or added all the details to my info but I'll be everywhere reading and posting about ideas and trust me any little sounds or things that the truck does that I don't know or understand. I want to keep this one nice and hopefully make it bad ass in the process

2003 Ram 1500 4.7 magnum 4x2
196k miles but well taken care of.

Dat_HEMI_Tho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 SLT 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
Hey man, my truck looks just like yours! But mine has a HEMI and ALOT more dents than yours.

Anyways, I have a huge stainless steal thrush glasspack on my truck (can't remember the size, but its pretty long lol) and it has an awesome very deep rumble at idle. Like REALLY deep. I was getting it aligned at a shop and I could tell when they where pulling my truck in because, I could feel it in the walls. But since it's a glass pack, it kind of rattles (I think thats what you'd call the noise?) once you get on the gas. I personally like the sound but you might not.

Hemipower5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My friend has an 02 1500 with a 4.7 and he runs his with no muffler and a side pipe and it sounds great. No metallic rattle, nice deep sound, quiet at idle but will let the people down the street know when you leave if you are in a big hurry