Buying primed parts ( bumper grille etc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am hoping to pick up a ram soon as seen in my previous posts. My plan is to have it all black so I would have to take off the chrome grille and front and rear bumper.
When during searches on the web I saw a lot of parts thatwere black and "already primed"
does that mean they have the color there and I would be able to put som clear coat on it to hae it match the finish of the car?
-here are a couple examples of what I found

2005 2004 2003 2002 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP BLK GRILLE | eBay

Replacement Steel OE Comparable Bumper - JCWhitney

Again I am wondering if these parts just require a clear coat finish to match the truck.. And if it is can you give me some advice on how I should go about it and what products are good to use. Thanks
Hope you guys can help me out

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Moved to 3rd gen exterior. I think it means they just layed down a primer base to protect the surface. There's no paint coat or clear coat applied. So you would have to add that.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They still need to be painted, then they can be cleared.

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just primed... You can get color matched rattle cans and clear coat at autozone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
M

msorbara10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
any links to paint and clear coat that I could use to make this look nice.. can anyone help me with tools and process of doing this