LED Grille Lights w/integrated turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One_like_God

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm installing some grille lights with amber turn signals to my 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I need to individually tap into the front left and front right turn signals. I tried to tap into the fuse box under the hood for each individual side, (F09 and F10) but when I do that both of the new turn signals flash at the same time. Each grille light came with 3 wires- red for DRL power, black for ground, and yellow for the amber turn signals. Can anyone please tell me where I could connect each yellow wire so that they each flash with their corresponding side? So far, I hooked both red power wires up the the "trailer cam" fuse under the hood, and I ran the ground wire. The lights look great! Now, I just need to figure out where to tap these yellow wires into so that they both work properly. I even tried an experiment and ran a jumper wire from the flat 4 pin trailer plug to each light, but it didn't matter which side turn signal I turned on, they both would flash at the same time! It's starting to get a little frustrating because I'm sure there's an easy fix! Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated!

zrock

Reaction score
have you tested each light by itself with just a power supply and make sure each turn on on their own wire

OP
OP
O

One_like_God

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yeah. The only way I've been able to "rig" it to work, is if I take the turn signal bulb out of the socket of the truck and loosely connect the wire of the new light to one of the prongs of the bulb and then put the bulb back into the socket. I know it's not a viable solution, but it's the only way I've gotten it to work so far.