Experience with Spyder 5030078 headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
So, the 111315's just use a dual, high/low bulb? Says they use an H7.

The others, the 111103's say they use a H1 high beam and a H3 low beam.

I'm more interested in light output than looks. Does the set you have, burn both bulbs at once when your high beams are on or do the low beams go out when you hit your brights?

i think they will be comparable to each other for brightness...

the ram if im not mistaken shuts off the low beam when the high beam comes on, so its not the light that decides it but the truck does.

What about these from LMC Truck?

Anybody know what brand they are?

thats the sonar ones

Well, I called Anzo, got a few questions answered but now I can't figure out which style I like...lol. Help me out.....[emoji41]

These...b319ffdcfc5618d75897c9b1b894565e.jpg

Or these...
b6e327670b133e333a239f1f022829ef.jpg

i personally like the ones i showed you better, i used to like the first ones more but the more i looked at them the less i liked the looks of them, im very picky on how my lights look lit up at night and the U bar ones just looked odd to me when i saw them on a truck at night

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i think they will be comparable to each other for brightness...

the ram if im not mistaken shuts off the low beam when the high beam comes on, so its not the light that decides it but the truck does.
Ok.

thats the sonar ones
Ah. Wonder what the quality is of those. I figger since they're 350 a pair and that they're on LMC's website that they'd have to be good ones. Lol.

i personally like the ones i showed you better, i used to like the first ones more but the more i looked at them the less i liked the looks of them, im very picky on how my lights look lit up at night and the U bar ones just looked odd to me when i saw them on a truck at night

Yeah, I'm kinda thinkin the same way. I like that the other ones have more LED's on the bottom but, I'm not really diggin' the U shaped halos, though. That, and I'm liking more and more a lot about the fact of having individual low beam bulbs and high beam bulbs so that when a bulb goes out, most likely a low beam, you don't have to throw away bulbs with good high beam filaments...lol.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ah. Wonder what the quality is of those. I figger since they're 350 a pair and that they're on LMC's website that they'd have to be good ones. Lol.

same, they are all junk trust me, ive had a few sets from various places

Yeah, I'm kinda thinkin the same way. I like that the other ones have more LED's on the bottom but, I'm not really diggin' the U shaped halos, though. That, and I'm liking more and more a lot about the fact of having individual low beam bulbs and high beam bulbs so that when a bulb goes out, most likely a low beam, you don't have to throw away bulbs with good high beam filaments...lol.

plus if you get the CCFL halos they will be bright as hell, the U bar lights are LED so they arent all that bright, my CCFL ones you could see the halos in direct sunlight

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Here is an output shot of these lights with the fogs on and both fogs and heads have a 6k HID

Its an old picture and they aren't aligned in this pic but you get the idea

9fc8927618e4ce534932c13454f39116.jpg

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
same, they are all junk trust me, ive had a few sets from various places
Hmm. Lol. Yeah, I've read some bad reviews on a lot of aftermarket headlights, even for these Anzos. It's hard to trust reviews in my opinion, especially after a particular review I read long time ago regarding tires. This guy said he was totally unimpressed with the same tires I was interested in, saying he only got 25k miles out of them, and they were supposedly 50k tires, blah, blah, blah, and even blatantly said he didn't take care of them...lol. Didn't keep them rotated, never cared that much about checkin the pressures... lol.

plus if you get the CCFL halos they will be bright as hell, the U bar lights are LED so they arent all that bright, my CCFL ones you could see the halos in direct sunlight

Really? I was under the impression both were CCFL...

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is an output shot of these lights with the fogs on and both fogs and heads have a 6k HID

Its an old picture and they aren't aligned in this pic but you get the idea

9fc8927618e4ce534932c13454f39116.jpg

That's pretty bright. Although your fogs are kinda takin a little bit of the credit, tho....[emoji41]

You say this is an old pic so, how long have you had yours?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
That's pretty bright. Although your fogs are kinda takin a little bit of the credit, tho....[emoji41]

You say this is an old pic so, how long have you had yours?

thats the only one i could find, ive had these lights on every 3rd gen ive owned that had the 06-08 front end, if i can find another output shot of them ill post it on here, but i currently have them on my 03 show truck, i had them on my 08 but i changed to another style with a retrofit now...

i agree the fogs definitely add to the light, but the upper half is all projectors, fog lights with HIDs make a skinny but wide beam

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
The exposure of this picture was changed at the time to show the difference in beam between the heads and fogs, these projectors have a bright hotspot that works well shining down the road and has a decent amount of filler light with then

41dbe5381b76c3cae850e0783b94cb65.jpg

Here is a night shot, white is the projectors and yellow is the fog lights

0acd3465f36fd72fe844995cbcf3ba1c.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Here is a shot of one that i was testing in my back yard, you can see its more full than my other pic shows and this is the projector only

c213c7745f45183c867399b24eb60265.jpg

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I'm one of the few guys on here that like a good old stock headlight lol. Too much going on with the aftermarket ones for me, with the projectors and leds and light rings and all that. To each his own.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I guess I'm one of the few guys on here that like a good old stock headlight lol. Too much going on with the aftermarket ones for me, with the projectors and leds and light rings and all that. To each his own.

i have my days where i want simple and then days where i want crazy, at the moment im running a modded OEM with a retrofit

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

My current setup on my 08

05d6057a3be74c96532788ea566a8d37.jpg

White DRL across the bottom
c22f7dd5331ebc11140a395a4a2508a0.jpg

And you will never hear me say i cant see at night!

67ed011022c07fcbce8799dd6bc3f04d.jpg
a20ccc9b681181830e3a27dd174642ea.jpg
53196898456acaa3ec68310c9b54ad4f.jpg

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are nice. I don't mind retrofitted oems but all the flashy leds and rings and all that stuff on the aftermarkets are just too much for me.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, just made the order for the dual bulb Anzo's... I even went with a 4 year protection plan just incase so we'll see how they work out.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Demon, what bulbs do you run in yours? A lot of the reviews I read regarding the Anzo lights said that these headlight assemblies aren't really even as bright as OEM lighting and I'm kinda thinkin' what they're blaming that on, if its true, is cheap headlight bulbs. I really can't imagine Anzo putting quality bulbs in their headlights because they're not selling you bulbs...lol. They're selling headlights. I think the cheap bulbs- if they are in fact cheapies, only come pre-installed so that they can sell them as complete units with no other parts necessary.

I've been running Silverstar Ultras in my OEM lights so I'll probably buy some more for these when I go to install them on the truck.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are nice. I don't mind retrofitted oems but all the flashy leds and rings and all that stuff on the aftermarkets are just too much for me.

I hear ya and, I really do like my factory headlights, it's just that they're gettin' worn out, gonna have to get a restore kit for the lenses and, I like the look of the LED's and the CCFL halos for DRL's without having to burn the headlights all the time.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, got another quick question, I was looking at the Installation guide for these lights and I'm curious. When I called Anzo earlier, the customer service rep said that the instructions will say to splice the halo/LED wires on the new headlights to the wires going to the plug on the truck for the corner marker light/turn signal to get their power from. However, he said that by doing that, based on a question that I had asked about when the LED's and halos will turn on, he said the halos and the LED's will only turn on when the headlight switch is turned on, i.e., park lamps or above (headlights). I told the guy I'd rather have the halos and the LED's turn on with the ignition rather than with any part of the headlight switch because I would rather my new headlights mimic the look of OE modern vehicles with the LED DRL's. He said in order to do that, the wires would have to wired to the fuse box or some other power source that was switched by the ignition bit he didn't really say what and he didn't say which wire because as you can see in the link for the instructions, the wires for the halos and the LED's is a blue wire and a black wire. I'm assuming the black wire would go to the chassis ground and the blue wire is actually the power wire, yes? If so, I figgered red would be better suited for power, you know, red = positive and black = negative....lol.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Demon, what bulbs do you run in yours? A lot of the reviews I read regarding the Anzo lights said that these headlight assemblies aren't really even as bright as OEM lighting and I'm kinda thinkin' what they're blaming that on, if its true, is cheap headlight bulbs. I really can't imagine Anzo putting quality bulbs in their headlights because they're not selling you bulbs...lol. They're selling headlights. I think the cheap bulbs- if they are in fact cheapies, only come pre-installed so that they can sell them as complete units with no other parts necessary.

I've been running Silverstar Ultras in my OEM lights so I'll probably buy some more for these when I go to install them on the truck.

i have always used HIDs with these, they work great, its an added cost to headlights but well worth it IMO, the silverstars should work fine, you are correct in thinking they just throw cheap bulbs in there like most others do just to sell a "complete" assembly, ive ran them with average halogen bulbs and they were perfectly fine at night, but I personally hate halogen so i try to not use it as much as possible

Alright, got another quick question, I was looking at the Installation guide for these lights and I'm curious. When I called Anzo earlier, the customer service rep said that the instructions will say to splice the halo/LED wires on the new headlights to the wires going to the plug on the truck for the corner marker light/turn signal to get their power from. However, he said that by doing that, based on a question that I had asked about when the LED's and halos will turn on, he said the halos and the LED's will only turn on when the headlight switch is turned on, i.e., park lamps or above (headlights). I told the guy I'd rather have the halos and the LED's turn on with the ignition rather than with any part of the headlight switch because I would rather my new headlights mimic the look of OE modern vehicles with the LED DRL's. He said in order to do that, the wires would have to wired to the fuse box or some other power source that was switched by the ignition bit he didn't really say what and he didn't say which wire because as you can see in the link for the instructions, the wires for the halos and the LED's is a blue wire and a black wire. I'm assuming the black wire would go to the chassis ground and the blue wire is actually the power wire, yes? If so, I figgered red would be better suited for power, you know, red = positive and black = negative....lol.

black will go to chassis, and whatever color they use on that set will be the positive and you can run that to what ever power source you want, ive seen it too many times where these light companies run any color other than black as the positive....

ive had a set of lights before (not anzo) that used green as the hot and white as the ground lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Wana see something funny, i did a halogen test from cheap ebay bulbs to basic oem ones, check this out

This is a standard 4th gen headlight beam with your standard issue oem bulb

1da11e20ca0d26e2490c890f18541898.jpg

Here is your cheap ebay halogen bulb in the same headlight, and yes its installed correctly, so when people say aftermarket lights suck with "upgraded" bulbs, this is probably what they did, the probably got on ebay and found some halogen bulbs that have a very misleading label.

a641ee23456465d8115a352265449329.jpg

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have always used HIDs with these, they work great, its an added cost to headlights but well worth it IMO, the silverstars should work fine...
You use them HID's, huh. I don't think I'm quite ready to take the dive on trying them so, I'll just make up my mind on either the regular ole Silverstar Ultras or Sylvania's new ones, the Silverstar ZXE's that Sylvania claims to be the best at rivaling full-on HID bulbs. They ain't cheap, 'bout 60 bucks a pair. Lol.

c91097df492a78ee3f42f1560291db00.jpg
you are correct in thinking they just throw cheap bulbs in there like most others do just to sell a "complete" assembly, ive ran them with average halogen bulbs and they were perfectly fine at night, but I personally hate halogen so i try to not use it as much as possible
Yeah, that's what I figured, they wanna sell their products as complete, "plug and play" units but they don't wanna increase their cost of manufacturing with anything other than the cheapest of the cheap headlight bulbs.

black will go to chassis, and whatever color they use on that set will be the positive and you can run that to what ever power source you want, ive seen it too many times where these light companies run any color other than black as the positive....

ive had a set of lights before (not anzo) that used green as the hot and white as the ground lol

Yeah, I'll be sure to verify with a test light to make sure that the black wire is in fact chassis ground and the blue wire is the power wire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990