first mod to new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have an appointment for sat to get my front windows tinted. :big_banana_Dance: But i cant decide on what percent i dont want to go to dark to draw attention but want it dark enough so u cant see in. Wat % should i get?

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
limo.... tint here is a secondary offense... so dont do anything stupid and dont worry about it lol

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would say 20%, unless your really worried aobut it then go 35%...thats the limit here in MO.

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have 20% over my rear factory tint and 35% on the front windows. Its really dark in the rears at night....

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
i have 5% on the front, and over factory in rear...like said before, usually its a secondary offense so you cant get pulled strictly for tint

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
^^ yeah but they can pull you over for not using a turn signal, or a burned out tail light or something stupid and then bust you for tint. just cause its a secondary offense doesnt mean they wont pull you over for it. just means they gotta think of something else to pull you over for so they can bust you for tint.

I went with 20%. Its a great match to the rear and plenty dark enough.

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im going to go with 20% which is the closest match to the back windows

check out the laws in new york lol my truck is illegal stock

I had 20% on my bee for 2 years b4 I got pulled over and they gave me a warning so they dont enforce it to much.

New York State
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I did 35 on mysides and then 5 overtop of the rear which is pitch black and I love it. The 35 is illegal here now but cops dont mess with me with it so far knock on wood. When you look at the truck the 35 looks alot darker because of the rear glass.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Tinting laws suck. I had a web site with them all listed, Damned if I know what I did with it.....

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
15 is a good tint between too dark and too light. Over factory tint that is

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty much what everyone has said is right, most of the time they won't just pull you over for tint...too much paperwork but if you do something stupid, they will pull you over and write a ticket for tint because its easier and they no that you won't fight that ticket.

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to agree that it was a secondary offense; until two of my friends were pulled over specifically for tint. I was with them both times, two different vehicles, one in Ohio, and one in Mississippi. The second time as we were still sitting in the parking lot after receiving the ticket, the cop pulled another guy over for tint. My friend luckily knew some people and got a prescription for darker tint.

Most all states the darkest you can go is 50% the front two windows, as dark as you want on all others, and up to 6" banner from the top of the windshield.

The fact your truck is black i'd go lighter just for that reason. Black vehicles get pulled over the most for it. I'd do 35%.

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i had a state trooper specifically tell me that its a secondary offense, and that as long as you dont act like an ass or be a **** a cop wont tell you anything for it even if you get pulled over. the only thing i got told something for was for my strip on my front windshield, but it went halfway down it and all they said was watch out for *********.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sup reef. biggest thing you gotta worry about here is when you go through inspection. i was in my parents minivan with one of those pimpin luggage things on the top. the dude made me roll the drivers window up to make sure there wasn't any tint on it. i had a hard time not laughin at him,

OP
OP
reefguy89

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sup reef. biggest thing you gotta worry about here is when you go through inspection. i was in my parents minivan with one of those pimpin luggage things on the top. the dude made me roll the drivers window up to make sure there wasn't any tint on it. i had a hard time not laughin at him,

haha yea the inspection lanes suck. lucky i dont have to go for 2 years. and welcome to ram forum u will see is awsome here.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had 35% and 20% on my past two cars, but I'm gonna go darker on the truck, probably 5% or 2.5%. Get whatever you think looks good on your truck. If you ever do get pulled over, just roll your windows down