Has anyone installed electric steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 17 ram and will soon be buying amp research steps. I want to install myself. Has anyone here done this before? Trying to see what im getting myself into before.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes installed them on a 2016 power wagon. Wasnt hard just tedious. Only snag was on the power wagon they needed a different. Everything was in the box, it was all very well explained. There were 2 snags actually. The wiring to the motors was reversed, all it took was a jewlers screwdriver to unpin them and swap, less than a minute each side.

Plan out an afternoon, take your time. On a scale of 1-10 its a hard 3. Its all bolt on, the rivet nuts are odd but again take your time.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did mine and went with the plug and play AMP power steps. The install was strait foward. I have a Quad Cab so I had cut the steps down to fit. Other than that as stated it helps to have an angle drill to drill the holes for the rivits. Also when I finished mine the steps kept getting hung up on the botton of the cab when they would try to open. We found that by standing on them and lightly moving up and down they settled into place and they work fine. Been on my truck for two years. I will install them on any truck I buy from now on.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I did a few. They are easy to do, but just like mentioned above, tedious!.

The hardest part is getting the plugs off the BCM to tie in the wires. But love my AMP steps. So do the wife and kids!! I have a leveled 2500 on 35" tires.