Hid kit has high/low beams reversed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I am working on getting all my wiring installed. Everything is working as it should except the high/low beams are reversed. I have the morimoto mopar relay with a bi-Xeon bulb. The harnesses that came with the kit seem to only change the the highs by opening the projector flap. Aren't they supposed to turn the bulb brighter also? Any ideas how the high and low beams are reversed?

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a easy fix, swap the pins in the wiring harness. Theyre reversed.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Which wiring harness are you talking about? The factory headlight harness or the high beam solenoid? I actually tried changing both and nothing happened...As soon as I plug in the high beam adapter to the solenoid it flips the shutter straight to high beam. Unplug it and the shuttter closes.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which wiring harness are you talking about? The factory headlight harness or the high beam solenoid? I actually tried changing both and nothing happened...As soon as I plug in the high beam adapter to the solenoid it flips the shutter straight to high beam. Unplug it and the shuttter closes.

This is a generic photo. You'll only change the pins on one harness (one harness per headlight), the aftermarket harness that came with your kit not the OEM harness.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This is a generic photo. You'll only change the pins on one harness (one harness per headlight), the aftermarket harness that came with your kit not the OEM harness.

Ok I will try to switch that again tomorrow. On the morimoto install page it was talking about some vehicles have switched ground instead of switched power, so they suggested switching the ground wire and high beam. I tried that and it didn't change anything. So now I'm guessing I should have just switched the high and low beam wires. Thanks!

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I will try to switch that again tomorrow. On the morimoto install page it was talking about some vehicles have switched ground instead of switched power, so they suggested switching the ground wire and high beam. I tried that and it didn't change anything. So now I'm guessing I should have just switched the high and low beam wires. Thanks!

Good luck, let us know how you make out

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree... Change the wiring on the HID harness, not the factory. This way, you can quickly go back to factory headlights if need be.

This is what I did with my morimoto kit.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I found the problem, the harness that came with my morimoto kit was backwards, so I switched the pins around and problem solved. Thanks for the help!

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found the problem, the harness that came with my morimoto kit was backwards, so I switched the pins around and problem solved. Thanks for the help!

Figured that was the issue, it's common.

OP
OP
chrisp2493

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I read a bunch more on this today, saw several complaints about it. But it's finished and I'm happy, I'm at a bonfire and all I can think about is getting to drive home in the dark haha b5d661c07a9128a53d306a76946d1f24.jpg