Tire Valve Stem Help :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SavannahRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, so I have an issue, and forgive me if I sound like an idiot. First truck and Im not very car Savvy, thou I do know a little. After the Hurricane in GA two weeks ago I grazed a large tree and cracked the Tire Valve Stem just below the threads and cap causing a slow leak. I lived with it for a few days and one mourning it just blew out so I had to throw the spare on.

Now I cant seem to find a replacement stem .. It's a 2007 3.7 with the standard Silver alloy wheels with the replaceable (screw in) stems. Im pretty good shopping online and I've googled to my hearts content and cant seem to find what I seem. Maybe I dont know exactly what im looking for, but I know everything Ive seen looks nothing like whats on my tire. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No TPMS on this truck, correct?

OP
OP
S

SavannahRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct! And thats the only Stems I can find that look remotely correct - the ones with TPMS and even then it isnt the right year.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put a picture of your rims up. Maybe someone will recognize them, if they're unique. Off the bat, to me it sounds like they're high pressure valve stems, and by that you insert the stem from the outside, and attach a nut on the inside of the rim, and tighten it down. Does that seem right? or am I way off

OP
OP
S

SavannahRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing special about my rims, standard issue platinum alloy dodge ram wheels. The stem is goes in on the inside, and the 'nut' that holds it in place is on the outside ... I actually removed it and the stem fell into the tire.

And Post: I did go to a tires plus the day that it happened and of course the guys there said they didnt have and couldnt get what I needed ... but they had a new tire for me. I suppose Ill go somewhere else and check ... thou I'd still like to purchase it myself instead of from whatever shop I get to put it in. certain they will over charge like all places do.