03 door ajar light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforeman107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been battling a problem with my dioor ajar light on and the door bell jingling. Right now I have pulled a fuse that cuts off the sound but it also cuts off my radio. Also I had to pull another fuse to kill my interior lights. I can not find anything that has to do with a door switch in the door jam. I was told by the auto parts store that it's on the door latch but I can't seem to find any wires coming off the door latch. I have manual locks and hand cranck windows. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the rambling on.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I've been battling a problem with my dioor ajar light on and the door bell jingling. Right now I have pulled a fuse that cuts off the sound but it also cuts off my radio. Also I had to pull another fuse to kill my interior lights. I can not find anything that has to do with a door switch in the door jam. I was told by the auto parts store that it's on the door latch but I can't seem to find any wires coming off the door latch. I have manual locks and hand cranck windows. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the rambling on.

Redtruck is also a hand crank model. I haven't had any problems with the ding ding and actually incorporated it with my floor shifter to alert me if it isn't in PARK when the engine is turned off. And of course it can also become annoying so I have a small rocker switch to silence it when I choose. I would pop the panel off and inspect the wiring. It is a very simple as you can see in the manual.

img2011060600125.jpg

OP
OP
J

jforeman107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay.... Thanks.... I'll do further investigations.