'03 Ram 1500 4.7 ABS/Parking Brake Waning Lamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Hey guys, back with another problem with my '03 Ram 1500 4.7. Honestly, this truck just baffles and frustrates me. But hopefully with a bit of help from the Forum community, I can figure this issue out. So the issues I'm having is that both my ABS and Parking Light are both lit up. And what's also weird is that speedometer is also bouncing around. From what I've read online, this sounds like it could be the VSS, (Vehicle Speed Sensor). And from what I gather, this sensor is located in the rear diff. Am I right in assuming that this is my guilty culprit causing these two warnings lamps to be simultaneously lit up in my dash..? And for the erratic speedo bouncing up in down..? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

https://youtu.be/Mt5Y8iCJHxI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the brake lights, have an auto store scan it. My brake and abs lights come on randomly because I have a faulty brake fluid sensor. Could be that if your lights only come on when they feel like it lol.

As for the speed sensor, not sure. Sorry.

Good luck!

Tteal235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this problem in my truck. I had bad sensors and had les schwab replace them and boom l, gone. I'd be driving down the road and the sensor would come on and it felt like my whole engine would jolt back some. They told me it was one of the brake sensors or it was also possible that there could have been some metal shaving between the plates on the e-brake. But it cost me like $90 with installation for them to fix the sensors

OP
OP
Rambling

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Yeah, I'm thinking it's probably some sensors. Only because this issue started while my truck was just sitting in the yard for about 2 weeks. So I'm assuming it's probably some sensor/s too. Thanks for the reply guys. I'll keep ya posted.

OP
OP
Rambling

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Thought I'd give you guys an update. Been nice here as of late. And I used my truck the other day to move something to the garage. And low and behold my issue seems to have fixed itself. I had no jumping speedo or ABS/Parking Brake light on. Not sure if I had an condensation issue or whatnot interfering with a sensor before. But it seems to working ok now.

jdnice23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
I have the same problem ....ABS & Brake lights on dash stay on!!!
Speedometer, Odometer & Cruise control doesn't work

ericshup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the same issue in December. Got a used ABS control module from ebay for 100 bucks, 10 minutes to swap, and then had dealer flash the PCM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990