ABS light comes on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cindyg493

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
My abs light keeps coming on even after the sensor has been cleaned. I had an oil change last week and the light was on. I asked them to check it and this is what they did. I drove it home and within a mile the light came back on. I had other things to do and then left the truck sit for 4 days. I went to work Monday, heard a humming noise coming from the front end. I pulled over to check the wheels but couldn't see anything unusual. When I got to work I disconnected the ground line to the battery for several hours, the light only stayed off for a short time. I am told that it could be a wheel bearing and that it may cloud up the sensor? Is that true? I am a woman and I have a 2015 Dodge Ram. They told me that it is safe to drive even with the humming. I am afraid of it costing me more if i drive it. if it is a wheel bearing what might I spend to have it fixed? Do I need to do both front wheel bearings if it does turn out to be a wheel bearing? I am really worried about the hum?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
IMO I would get it check out !
Cheaper to pay a mechanic to look at it then maybe have a bigger issue and ruin something if you do not get it checked out ! !
Hope you have a garage you can trust near you.. I am lucky I do :)
If you need wheel bearings do you need to do both???
I am not sure but if not too expensive I would since they are same age and truck on lift

Sorry I am no mechanic thats why I take it to a shop :)

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just went through this with my 2013 4X4 CTD with 140K miles. I replaced everything while I was into it. You can "Get By" with just changing the one, but both sides are worn in a 9-year-old truck. Is your truck 2WD or 4WD?

OP
OP
cindyg493

cindyg493

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
they said it could cost up to $1500. to repair but then again I've been told it would cosy a lot to replace me lug nuts. $400 at the Dodge dealer and $185 at the shop where I get my oil changed. I got them repaced at my tire repair store for $40.00 and they are M-14 whatever that means.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat