Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Interior

Interior

Air conditioning/Heater Control replacement

This is a discussion on Air conditioning/Heater Control replacement within the Interior forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
Can anyone tell me how to remove the bezel I think it's called I need to replace the ac/heat control ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Core-Lokt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: 5.7 hemi
Default Blower Motor Quit
Can anyone tell me how to remove the bezel I think it's called I need to replace the ac/heat control unit. 2004 2500 Laramie w/dual zone, heated mirrors. Has the 2 knobs, the 2 sliders for temp. and the 3 buttons for recirc., mirrors and ac. New set is one the way, hopefully. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
snuffysmiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

What happened was the blower motor stopped functioning. Everything else on the control unit worked. The heated mirror button, the ac button lit up, the recirc lit up, the knob that controlled where the air came from, defrost, floor or vents, worked. Just no blower speed. Replaced the blower motor, the resistor, and finally the control unit itself. Checked the fuse. The 40amp labeled ignition /blower is ok. Still nothing. Anyone have any idea where to look next?
Old 11-13-2016, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine: 5.7L
To remove the center panel, you remove one screw behind the bag hook on the R side of the panel and pull the panel out. There are molded tabs with metal clips that fit into slots in the inner dash that retain it. Be very careful popping it out, as the plastic is brittle. Just use your hands. There are videos out there on it.
DanielC99 likes this.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks. Did that. Replaced the control unit, still nothing, so I took it to the dealer. Turns out, it's the ignition switch, which, as I found out just now, is a common occurrence. Seems like it might not be that difficult to change out, so I'm going to attempt it myself. Or, at least buy the parts myself and take it to someone who can do it cheaper than the dealer. Any tips on doing it myself would be greatly appreciated. Found some vids that seem to cover it sooo... we'll see.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Replaced the ignition switch today. A little frustrating trying to get things to come apart, and go back together but got it done, and it fixed my issue. Dealer wanted to do the switch and the cable. Didn't need the cable. Wish I had done better research prior to swapping out the blower motor, resistor and control unit. Live and learn.