Climate Control Knobs Not Functioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocFortunate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a strange one that I haven’t seen solved in the forms.

2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman. dual climate control With the full center console.

My physical Climate (Fan, AC, temp up) and Volume, station adjust, screen off button all stopped working. However I can still control climate through the uconnect unit with no issues.

I’ve seen mention in other threads that the climate module goes out in the passenger side vent, but it looks like when that happens heat or AC are lost and both physical and electronic climate controls are knocked out. Which isn’t the case here.

So far
- I have tested all fuses
-Left the battery off for 30 minutes
-Pulled the trim and controls around the infotainment unit and physically checked all connections
- manually updated unconnect software.

Outside of replacing the physical control module that isn’t working, I wanted to see if anyone has experienced or solved this.

Thank you in advance!

Elmemol1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you resolve the problem? Because I have the same issue with mine can you tell me what did u do to fix it?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's a new module cost btw?
Just curious...

OnlyCesar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the solution, You need to check the voltage of the 2 CAN BUS cables that go into the climate control there have to be 2.5 volts on each cable, if there's low voltage or no voltage you need to get a cable from the HVAC MODULE

Reno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I found the solution, You need to check the voltage of the 2 CAN BUS cables that go into the climate control there have to be 2.5 volts on each cable, if there's low voltage or no voltage you need to get a cable from the HVAC MODULE
Can you walk me through this a little bit more? I’m mechanically inclined and have tried everything. My last attempt was replacing the whole hvac/radio control unit, which I just did today and no luck. I have also lost my heated seat/traction control buttons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat