A/C only coming out of half the vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poehitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I'm posting this on behalf of my dad. This is something I've never encountered before. The cold air from the A/C will only come out of half of the vents. Air will still blow out of the other vents, but it isn't cold air, it's ambient temperature. Anyone heard of this before?

Azbronc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Vacuum Line

I had this same problem on a Ford F-150. Turned out that a pack rat had chewed through one of the vacuum lines running into the firewall. That affected the positive flow of the A/C and caused the vent traps to shut. I don't know if this helps...

OP
OP
P

poehitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Well we don't have a rodent problem where we are, so I doubt it's that. But the truck is parked outside so I guess anything is possible.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm posting this on behalf of my dad. This is something I've never encountered before. The cold air from the A/C will only come out of half of the vents. Air will still blow out of the other vents, but it isn't cold air, it's ambient temperature. Anyone heard of this before?

Yea I have the same problem with my a/c.. The heat works great out of all the vents but my a/c only comes out on the drivers half of the vents.. Haven't tried to fix it yet.. I was told it's from the blend door that breaks in the dash

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Time to pull it apart and do blend door repair and check for mice in the heater box